1,001 New EV Chargers To Be Installed In Kansas City Area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericvoll

Ok, just a word of warning, my friends in Kansas City, and perhaps elsewhere might want to sit down befoe reading this post. This is not a joke.

Here goes:

KCP&L plans, by the end of this summer, on installing 1,001 EV chargers in the Kansas City metropolitan area. 16 of these, in conjunction with Nissan, will be level 3 chargers. Kansas City might become the most EV friendly city in the world.

The article is here:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article8179314.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I officially crapped my pants!!

Wow, I thought we had a lot of chargers around the Nissan HQ, but that would certainly top it!

Glad to see more people taking the EV more seriously. Range issues aside, if charge stations were as common as gas stations, then even the older, used, low battery capacity models start to seem more attractive for everyday use to those on the fence.

Think back a hundreds ago when gasoline cars were getting started, I am sure the same issue of "what good is a gas car if you don't have stations everywhere to fill it up to avoid getting stuck somewhere" was an often cited problem with gas automobiles.

mbender said:
The utilities are slowly waking up. Hopefully others will see, learn, improve and implement the same kind of program in localities across the country. I wish EPRI and EDTA (now part of "WEVA") were more proactive in getting this to happen (sooner).

Outside of the KC metro, on the KS side 99% of the remaining public EVSE's are from Westar Electric. They even drink the kool aid and use Volt's and Leaf's for their fleet vehicles when possible.

Back