California HOV Lane Access: How Important?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How important? Very important because in CA at least the state recognizes the benefit of electric vehicles instead of punishing.

Try this one on for size:

http://dor.mo.gov/motorv/decals.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Missouri charges a fee for alternative fuel vehicles. No, you don't GET money you PAY money for doing the right thing. Sometimes I'm embarrassed being in the midwest.

ksnogas2112 said:
Missouri charges a fee for alternative fuel vehicles. No, you don't GET money you PAY money for doing the right thing. Sometimes I'm embarrassed being in the midwest.
OT, but I'll jump in anyway.

Been discussed and cussed in other threads, but why shouldn't EV'ers help pay to maintain the highways they use? WA encourgages EV purchase by foregoing a hefty sales tax, but is considering an annual usage fee. Seems fair to me. (Let the Flames fly!) :p

Bill

@ebill ... yup, no problem at all, remove ALL taxes on gas period and include the maintenance costs in vehicle registration. That will stop all the Kansas drivers from skipping across state line to save 8 cents/gallon.

Back