Can't Download Phonebook

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HERB46

I have a Motorola Bravo (on Nissan approved cell phone list). I can connect it to the LEAF via Bluetooth and it is displayed as a connected phone. When I go to download the cell phone's phonebook, I get the following message: "Please transfer the phonebook from the Bluetooth phone. The PIN is [X][X][X][X]." Nothing ever happens in the car--even though the cell phone 'dings" lightly when I try the download. I never get a window to pop up to enter the PIN--which I don't understand in the first place since the PIN was entered earlier in connection with connecting the phone to the car.

1) Make sure your bluetooth settings on the phone allow address book access. There may be a security setting.

2) When you pair, or perhaps when you initiate the transfer, a notification may be trying to pop up asking permission to allow address book access. Depending on your notification settings maybe this is not immediately visible. Try repairing and looking for such a notification.

3) I doubt this is the case but...
  • According to the Bravo specs (Motorola), that phone only supports handsfree talking and audio over bluetooth. In order to transfer address information the phone has to support the Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP and/or PBA).
  • Now according to another source of Bravo specs (CNET), the phone does indeed support PBAP.
  • According to Nissan's site, the phone supports address book transfer.
So this is nice an confusing but I suspect being a fairly modern Android phone it should work. Make sure you have the latest Android OS and you might have to get the phone firmware upgraded (possibly in the store).
Also, try downloading single entries. If that works then you know at least the connection is working properly.

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately, I'm still out of luck.

Comment #1-- There is no special setting under bluetooth on the Bravo for phone book downloads.

Comment #2-- I got an input screen for my PIN when pairing and inserted the PIN at that time. Later, when I tried the phone book download, a screen popped up that said to type in the PIN again when prompted. Unfortunately. I never got a prompt--even waited 15 minutes for a prompt.

Comment #3-- I checked and I have the latest software for the phone and the car.

The ultimate problem is that I never get a screen to type in my PIN a second time, so I just get blocked from a download of the phone book. Nissan does say that the Bravo is a supported phone. Well it's only partially supported. It will work as a phone on the car's system, but forget about downloading the phone book. BTW, trying to download one number at a time generates the same problem as trying to download the whole phone book. Nissan tried to help, but, sadly, its people are inept when it comes to this type of problem.

Back