Considering 2013 Nissan Leaf - questions, dealer interaction

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly I only tried LeafSpy after the car got SD card so I can't comment on that. I believe it should work though as LeadSpy works on cars that don't use SD card (S models). Also why not try out yourself? It's a 10 bucks investment getting a BT OBDII dongle and LeafSpy Lite which gives you AHr reading is free. It only took my dealership a week to get the SD card from corporate.

hmmwv said:
Sadly I only tried LeafSpy after the car got SD card so I can't comment on that. I believe it should work though as LeadSpy works on cars that don't use SD card (S models). Also why not try out yourself? It's a 10 bucks investment getting a BT OBDII dongle and LeafSpy Lite which gives you AHr reading is free.

Thank you, that seems logical, that if LeafSpy works on cars that don't even have an SD card (S trim), then it also should work when in a Leaf with SD card slot while SD card is missing. Maybe at some point of time, I'll be able to post back here, that a practical test confirmed that LeafSpy actually works when the Leaf's screen says "No SD card". :)

hmmwv said:
It only took my dealership a week to get the SD card from corporate.

Thank you for that info, that seems quick to me. Read of other accounts, where some dealerships wanted to replace the whole Navi/Radio unit for $3,000, and those dealerships that indeed were willing to order a SD card and install it in the Leaf needed 4 weeks to get it done.

There was some dealer in Texas, I think, who was offering people SD cards online for $250-$300... can't find the info now, but as I recall, people were getting them fairly quickly.

Back