EV Car Sharing arrives in San Diego

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ttweed said:
Just a minor nitpick with this statement--when I signed up for the free "EV community" account, I was reminded to not disconnect the Car2go vehicle if it was not over 50% charge, and to please not drive it for more than 15 minutes on the "free" account. :D
TT
I signed up for Car2Go at the beginning and there was no "EV Community" account. I recently had to pay to move a Car2Go car from a Blink EVSE so I could charge. When did this EV community account start and how can I update my membership?

Shoot an email to: michael.cully AT daimler.com

and he can get your existing account modified. For new accounts, use the password "EVcommunity" to open your account.

As we know now, the service is free to the EV community, when you take one out of a charger spot. It's a service to them with the following restrictions:

Do not disconnect the Car2go vehicle if it was not over 50% charge, and to please not drive it for more than 15 minutes on the "free" account

Is there somewhere to find out details of this EVCommunity program?
Do I enter that term as a "promotion code" to avoid the $35 sign-up fee?

I came by this thread as i made a rare trip to Balboa Park to charge and all but one chargers were being used by the fleet.
It seems like a great concept, but i'm confused about what happens if they have all the spots, and there is no other parking or charging nearby.
thanks,
Shaun

Attachments

• cars2go1.jpg
    cars2go1.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 19
gbshaun said:
Is there somewhere to find out details of this EVCommunity program?
Do I enter that term as a "promotion code" to avoid the $35 sign-up fee?
I don't know whether they're still doing it, but it's worth asking them. Myself, I think it's worthwhile to have a personal account as well to use for real rentals.

I came by this thread as i made a rare trip to Balboa Park to charge and all but one chargers were being used by the fleet.
It seems like a great concept, but i'm confused about what happens if they have all the spots, and there is no other parking or charging nearby.
In this location there is almost always a lot of open parking around behind the air and space museum, a short walk away from the crowded lot where the chargers are located. I've wondered what you could do in other locations though where there was no parking in walkable distance from the charging spot.

Your photo also indicates another big question I used to have - maybe now answered. Car2go used to emphasize that you must use street parking or their designated areas. It seems they meant to prohibit leaving a car in a shopping center parking lot, but their wording would also have prohibited parking at Balboa Park, the Zoo, Qualcomm Stadium, etc. Now they say "Do not park or end your rental in commercial zones, loading zones, valet/taxi/bus zones, and reserved spaces for disabled drivers. If a car2go car is parked in these locations for an extended period, it could be ticketed and towed."

Back