Good Bye Fast Free Charging & CHAdeMO & New Nissan EV ARYIA Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the public chargers I've seen in the MO,IL, IA,KS,NB are CCS. Sounds wonderful, but the reality in my experience has been 90%+ at least one if not all the charging stations at the stations have been inoperative.
Most of the public chargers I've seen, anywhere, are Tesla Super and Destination chargers. I've no personal experience with the CCS/CHAdeMO charging stations, but from what I've read you are correct they have a high failure rate. Usually a problem with the payment systems?

... Tesla designed their own plug and have installed >50,000 worldwide with about 2,500 of them in the USA.
More than 50,000 individual Superchargers world wide, ~2,500 Supercharger locations in the USA. The locations have 8 or more - sometimes many more - individual chargers.

Tesla charging locations are much more plentiful and will be available to vehicles using the NACS (Tesla) plug starting with the 2025 model year, which most of the American car manufacturers have signed up for.
So, it seems that SageBrush's vision of the future was more on-target than WetEX's.

Most of the public chargers I've seen in the MO,IL, IA,KS,NB are CCS. Sounds wonderful, but the reality in my experience has been 90%+ at least one if not all the charging stations at the stations have been inoperative.

If tesla used CCS, then possibly. However Tesla designed their own plug and have installed >50,000 worldwide with about 2,500 of them in the USA.

Tesla charging locations are much more plentiful and will be available to vehicles using the NACS (Tesla) plug starting with the 2025 model year, which most of the American car manufacturers have signed up for. I've seen a couple of Tesla locations where they have supplied a NACS to CCS adapter so that CCS equipped vehicles can charge there.

Personally, I've used Chademo Qucik Charges a total of 9 times (and never for a complete fillup; only 20 min or so to verify I could do it if needed) since I got my 2018 Leaf SL new in February 2018 with 5 miles on the odometer. I installed a L1/L2 charger a couple weeks after I I got my Leaf and have done 1,815 L1/L2charges per LeafSpy today, all at home. SOH is 87.5% so I still have 12 bars of battery.

You do realize you are replying to an old reply?

The worst standard is two standards, if not three standards. I'm happy that we are down to one standard, J3400.

The original Tesla charging was not CCS based. Tesla took the CCS protocol, as the EU required CCS2. So SAE J3400 is CCS over the connector first used by Tesla. So the result is a mix.

Back