goodness sakes, those brakes

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duncan-s

Pinhead
Earlier today I was out on a paved two-lane road with the cruise set around 50mph and cresting a hill when a family of deer appeared on the right shoulder about to cross in front of me. I hit the brakes hard; they looked up, two turned back toward the woods but the third and largest hopped directly into my lane. Just as I was thinking "uh oh, there's no avoiding this now" a light flashed on the dashboard and the Leaf stopped hard on the proverbial dime, maybe a foot and a half from impact. The big guy continued loping off to my left and out of sight.

So I got home and dug into the user manual. I've only had the car ('21 SL+) a short time and am still getting acquainted. Looks like this is what saved the day:

1710122967373.png

Not a scratch or bruise was suffered -- by me, by the car, by the clueless ungulate. Though it did take a while to get my heart rate down. I suppose it must be a common feature on cars now, but it's the newest thing I've owned and the first I've experienced it. Whatever team designed this system, I want to shake some hands.

Glad all worked out well.
yes it can be a surprise when it kicks in.
had it happen a couple of times in city traffic

Back