Guidance to Facilities Manager at work

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's "120V", not 110V. A ChargePoint L2 with a NEMA 5-15 behind the door seems to be the most popular choice around here. I have seen them without, some with 2 L2's and even just the 5-15, although those have been replaced with the dual L1 & L2 version.

There, now I've done it -- it's now a non J1772 Teslsa, and a badgless, non-PiP.

You see, I take all your feedback to heart! :lol:

ev_charger_placement.jpg

Thought I'd give an update --

I sent the content of the (updated) first post to my facilities team. Turns out they had put together at committee on what to do for EV charging, and the group tripped over many of the points I raised. They were thankful for my comments and assured me that all of the points were already addressed, even if it wasn't obvious for them to figure out at first.

So, waste of my time, but, hooray that it is getting done correctly.

Construction on the 6 units is supposed to start this summer. They are supposedly pricing usage based on actual cost of power, which is exactly what I'd hoped for (free is never truly FREE).

Thanks again for all the feedback!

Notes:

PiP, Model S and BMW Active E have their charge port near the "rear" of the vehicle.

Some locations/jurisdictions prohibit backing into the spot ( I don't know why ).

Back