Homelink Issue

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevec1970

A few days ago I discovered that Homelink on my 18 SV is operational when the car is off. If my car is unlocked, and parked near my garage, someone could open the garage and get inside while I was asleep or way. Is there a way to change Homelink to only operate when the car is on?

I noticed the same thing and I don't like it at all. It's a big security hole in my opinion! If "ACC" power is overhead maybe it could be rewired to that.

A few days ago I discovered that Homelink on my 18 SV is operational when the car is off. If my car is unlocked, and parked near my garage, someone could open the garage and get inside while I was asleep or way. Is there a way to change Homelink to only operate when the car is on?
Have you checked to see if this is a short-term feature that is only enabled for the first 30 to 60 seconds after the car is turned off? I.e. come back to the car after say, 3 minutes, without the key and see if Homelink still works. There may be a delayed shut-down for that circuit to avoid the 'Whoops, I shut-down my car, but forgot to close the garage door' issue.

Back