Internal car power plug

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wef

Hi
Can anyone tell me where the incabin plug socket is powered from ?
As I want to plug a heater into it .gen 1 Japanese built model .
Heater cold only .
Thanks

As leftiebiker says, ther's insufficient power from the lighter socket ..... here's a solution I did on my 2012, 'Wet PTC' model, when it went cold [obviously doesn't work on 2013 onwards 'dry PTC cars .....]
https://www.facebook.com/MnMSzerviz...tc-heater-did-/3530737250314297/?locale=ar_AR
Brilliant approach, Toby. 'Particularly if/once someone has "upgraded" the 1st Gen accessory battery to something more sensible (like larger deep-cycle AGM or Lithium). 'Might have to give that a try at some point (...'might you know if that's available in the US? I'll do some web-searching, meanwhile).

👍👍

If I needed heat, I'd be looking toward the Ebersptcher combustion heater mode. Drive some nut having fossil fuel on an electric, but it is a very efficient use of fuel.
BTW I can't see what was done because you have to have a Facebook acct to view it.

Hi
Can anyone tell me where the incabin plug socket is powered from ?
As I want to plug a heater into it .gen 1 Japanese built model .
Heater cold only .
Thanks
Thanks all for all the info.what I find most interesting is the com,s issue.as this car has a 42 kw battery.giving me a range of on excess of 300 k most days.so worth sorting.
I am not to keen to dig up the dash board as all plugs are 11 early vintage.Before I renewed the battery the heater did work as I made sure .will try a bit more down the fault clearance route .may just use a 12v battery to a dash heater all external for now .not happy to dig for the sake of it .R

Just came across this post - I too am looking for this answer (I have a '23 Leaf SL Plus, 60kWh) - wondering if the accessory port draws power from the standard 12V car battery or from the EV drive battery. Thinking about using a DC-AC inverter with the car, and wondering how much juice I can draw from it. If it has a 10A fuse I might be able to get 1200W in theory? But if that's coming from the 12V battery it would probably drain it fairly quickly.

Back