Limit charge to 80%

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 40kW model and need to have it charged by 05:00 each morning. I have a 7.4 kW a.c. home charger which seems to deliver around 6.5 kW to the Leaf. Based on that, I put together the attached table which works reasonably OK (for me, anyway).

A more automatic and simpler way is to set the LEAF to finish charging about 1 - 1.5 housr *later* than you actually leave. In your case, the LEAF pack will end up about 7 - 8 kWh below a full charge. You can tweak it to your preference. You are the perfect candidate for this method

The AC % Charge Limit Kit from EVsEnhanced is plug & play, and allows the driver to select ANY desired maximum AC charge limit, for 2015 models onwards, when Nissan removed this feature 😁
Setting a Nissan Leaf 80% charge limit, 2015 onwards, #LeafBatteryUpgrade 40kwh #EVsEnhanced

$850 though?! Not sure that much money wouldn't be better spent as a down payment on a replacement battery in 10 years.

They're not $850 when Ebay don't need their huge wedge 🤷‍♂️

And, when it's time for a #LeafBatteryUpgrade, they can be Reflashed to be the EVsEnhanced Translator Kit, saving THAT cost during an upgrade.......
Whilst still retaining the Charge Limit Controller feature that ALL the EVsEnhanced Translator Kits offer for 2015 onwards cars 😁

They're not $850 when Ebay don't need their huge wedge 🤷‍♂️

And, when it's time for a #LeafBatteryUpgrade, they can be Reflashed to be the EVsEnhanced Translator Kit, saving THAT cost during an upgrade.......
Whilst still retaining the Charge Limit Controller feature that ALL the EVsEnhanced Translator Kits offer for 2015 onwards cars 😁
IIRC, EVsEnhanced list the Charge Limit Kits (and Translator Kits) at $820NZ, plus Taxes - that's only $520US plus Taxes, and it takes minutes to fit, seconds to use, and is upgradeable if needed to be a Translator Kit 😁

Back