Lost FM reception after replacing cracked windshield

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drjudd

A week ago, Safelite replaced the windshield of my 2022 Leaf SV Plus, and since then, I have lost reception of FM radio. All I hear is static with some occasional broadcast depending on which way the car is heading. I called Safelite, and the manager there is reviewing to make sure they did not miss something. My presets are all intact, but when I tune the radio to any of them, I hear only static. I have used the "scan" feature to search the full range. Nothing but static. I have searched the Owner Manual but found nothing helpful. So, I thought of this group and wondered if anyone else has had to replace a broken/cracked windshield, and if so, did you have trouble with your FM reception afterward? Thanks!

A week ago, Safelite replaced the windshield of my 2022 Leaf SV Plus, and since then, I have lost reception of FM radio. All I hear is static with some occasional broadcast depending on which way the car is heading. I called Safelite, and the manager there is reviewing to make sure they did not miss something. My presets are all intact, but when I tune the radio to any of them, I hear only static. I have used the "scan" feature to search the full range. Nothing but static. I have searched the Owner Manual but found nothing helpful. So, I thought of this group and wondered if anyone else has had to replace a broken/cracked windshield, and if so, did you have trouble with your FM reception afterward? Thanks!
I recently replaced a cracked windshield in my 2020 SV with no loss in radio reception at all through a company called "New Windshield Today". Everything works as it should.
Thanks for this info. Here in Colorado mountains we have a lot of small rocks on the road and I have had to replace the windshield on my 2019 LEAF twice with SafeLite, (and the other car too) and there is another small chip now... However, I have never had any problems with the electronics after the replacements. Looking forward to hearing about SafeLite's resolution. Good luck!

Back