Luxury Leaf with maple dashboard FOR SALE (SF Bay Area)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevempotter

00y0y_jn31dPZ1e4M_600x450.jpg

00u0u_inFp0VsHaqQ_600x450.jpg

Immaculate Cayenne Red luxury (SL) 2012 Leaf with low miles (23,500, 11 bars), genuine bird's eye maple veneer trim and other
customizations. In case you are new to Nissan Leafs, this car is ZIPPY! Fun to drive! Extremely quiet! :D
This Leaf has the Collectors' Edition "zero Emission" and "100% Electric" body emblems.
NEW TIRES (Sept.) and NEW 12V BATTERY (Jan.). Recently detailed.
In addition to the after market maple veneer kit, SL luxury extras for this car include:
Cruise Control; Level2 AND 440V DC Quick-Charge ports (30-45 minutes -- CHAdeMO);
backup camera; Nissan turn-by-turn GPS navigation system with SD card and with EV charger locations marked;
heated steering wheel and seat heaters front and back (very toasty);
Leaf floor mats like new; keyeless entry and pushbutton start;
auto-dimming rearview mirror with integrated garage door opener (Homelink);
voice command console; alloy wheels with 4 disk brakes;
hands-free BlueTooth phone interface, AC or heating can be started remotely and charging status checked using
NissanConnect EV app; CD player and Aux input (MP3 player etc.);
XM Radio; iPhone/USB charge port; light-sensing automatic headlights;
power locks, power windows, and heated power wing mirrors;
60/40 split rear seat; front center padded armrest/storage compartment;
custom installed charge-port hatch release at the radiator grille.
$10,950

Other features of note:
Sold by its one ORIGINAL OWNER, no accidents -- spotless Carfax and clean title, always parked inside, never smoked in,
no pets rode in it. Comes with BlueTooth Onboard Diagnostic (OBDII) device that works with the LeafSpy smartphone app
to monitor batteries, tire pressure, etc.
Clean cloth seats, seatbelts for 5 passengers, large trunk, solar panel on spoiler recharges the 12V battery.

SAFETY:
new tires (September); regenerative braking recharges battery while going downhill or stopping;
ABS emergency brakes; traction control; front and side airbags; on-board navigation system works even in places where your phone
has no cell coverage; adjustable steering wheel; new wipers;
black fleece cover on the dashboard for better visibility through winshield;
outside temperature indicator; anti-theft system; electric tire pump;
backup camera guide lines move with the steering wheel.

See CraigsList listing with a lot of photos: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5396055758.html

2012 Nissan Leaf SL in San Mateo, CA USA
VIN: JN1AZ0CP3CT015276
condition: EXCELLENT
odometer: 23405
color: Cayenne Red
title status: clean

Good luck, you will need it! Edmunds says the Leaf has the most deprecation of any car . I tried to buy a last of RAV4 EV's but the used car manager wanted nothing to do with my Leaf. I guess Mercedes was desperate.

Realistically I should have kept my Leaf until lease's end but I get tired of cars.

It is a great car as a used car! Not so much as new. Last January I got 15K for my 2013 SL Premium. That was high auction value as shown to me.

GlennD said:
Good luck, you will need it! Edmunds says the Leaf has the most deprecation of any car ."............................

It is a great car as a used car! Not so much as new. Last January I got 15K for my 2013 SL Premium. That was high auction value as shown to me.

Depreciation based on MSRP can be a killer if you don't factor in dealer discounts, NMAC cash and Ferderal tax credit.

With NMAC cash, Dealer discounts and Federal Tax Credit a new 2015 can be bought relatively cheap. I bought my 2015 SL w/premium package in early November. The MSRP was $38.3k. Got it $11k off between dealer discount and NMAC cash. If you factor in the $7.5k tax credit it cost me less than $20k plus tax, tag and title. . A similar used 2013, but with 20,000 miles is going for about $14k today if you can find it.

I looked at a used 13 SL w/premium last week for $14k. It was a 10 bar car, It was missing the L1 EVSE, only came with one FOB., the tires were worn more than 50% and interior was rough.

Flyct said:
I looked at a used 13 SL w/premium last week for $14k. It was a 10 bar car, It was missing the L1 EVSE, only came with one FOB., the tires were worn more than 50% and interior was rough.
IMHO, that's a really high price for such a rough vehicle. If it's a Nissan dealer, there's your problem.

Although not apples to apples, see http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=430825#p430825 for how much I paid for a '13 SV w/premium only in mid July 2015. It had all capacity bars and still does w/SOH and Hx hovering between 89% and 92% (usually 89% to 91%). L1 EVSE wasn't missing, interior was almost perfect, and both fobs were present. 3 tires were almost worn out though, which I replaced almost immediately.

Admittedly, it seems used prices went up somewhat (at least $1K) sometime after I bought. Don't know current status.

It is traditional for luxury vehicles (and private jets) to have wood paneling installed, such as maple, walnut burl or other hardwoods. This is an expensive aftermarket kit designed for the Leaf, professionally installed (and not covering up any damage -- it was installed when the car was brand new). If you know about woodworking, you know that bird's eye maple has excellent "figure" which gives it a 3D effect as you move your head or as the car turns in the sunshine. My photos do not do it justice, I apologize. Anyone who has gotten in the car was very impressed at how it looks. Here are google images of other bird's eye maple car treatments:
https://www.google.com/search?newwi...mg..0.1.117.FTo-scK5LwI#imgrc=sTAgs2NEpxZU0M:

stevempotter said:
It is traditional for luxury vehicles (and private jets) to have wood paneling installed, such as maple, walnut burl or other hardwoods. This is an expensive aftermarket kit designed for the Leaf, professionally installed (and not covering up any damage -- it was installed when the car was brand new). If you know about woodworking, you know that bird's eye maple has excellent "figure" which gives it a 3D effect as you move your head or as the car turns in the sunshine. My photos do not do it justice, I apologize. Anyone who has gotten in the car was very impressed at how it looks. Here are google images of other bird's eye maple car treatments:
https://www.google.com/search?newwi...mg..0.1.117.FTo-scK5LwI#imgrc=sTAgs2NEpxZU0M:
The wood paneling is beautiful. However, I think Leftie was talking about the black cover on top of the dash. It is kinda lumpy/wrinked looking in the photo but it might not be noticeable in person.

I would suggest as a courtesy to fellow users of the forum, that discussion of used car prices or aesthetic preferences be discussed in other sub-forums and not in a fellow users "For Sale" thread. Many forums actually have this as part of their rules for posts in the classifieds section...

The wood paneling is beautiful. However, I think Leftie was talking about the black cover on top of the dash. It is kinda lumpy/wrinked looking in the photo but it might not be noticeable in person.

Yes, the wood paneling looks great (although personally I prefer darker wood). It's the cloth cover on top of the dash that looks bad. It looks like it was hastily cut and not properly fitted. Is it maybe a removeable sunshade?

As mentioned in my original description under Safety, this car includes a
black fleece cover on the dashboard for better visibility through windshield; The original dashboard (as with many cars) reflects in the windshield, especially when sun is shining directly on it. I found that black fleece or velvet really helps to improve daytime visibility.
It is easily removable and is not covering up any damage.

stevempotter said:
As mentioned in my original description under Safety, this car includes a
black fleece cover on the dashboard for better visibility through windshield; The original dashboard (as with many cars) reflects in the windshield, especially when sun is shining directly on it. I found that black fleece or velvet really helps to improve daytime visibility.
It is easily removable and is not covering up any damage.

Since windshield glare isn't a big issue with the Leaf for most people, you might want to mention the cover, but not picture it.

If you remove the wood you may get $1-2K more for the car. At least on land. IMO, more people would be interested in this car with all the "luxury" appointments removed.

Firetruck41 said:
I would suggest as a courtesy to fellow users of the forum, that discussion of used car prices or aesthetic preferences be discussed in other sub-forums and not in a fellow users "For Sale" thread.
Under your rules, would it be permissible to link to such discussion from the for sale thread? There are two sides to every sale.
Firetruck41 said:
Many forums actually have this as part of their rules for posts in the classifieds section...
I've been on/am on a bunch of car forums + other non-car forums. To my knowledge, I've never been on such a forum that had this rule.

I don't want the OP to get the wrong idea: I'm not being slightly critical of the dash cover for fun. I'm trying to help them sell the car. The same would apply to suggestions for different asking prices in ads. As long as people aren't low-balling or engaging in recreational trolling, such comments do more good than harm.

cwerdna said:
Firetruck41 said:
I would suggest as a courtesy to fellow users of the forum, that discussion of used car prices or aesthetic preferences be discussed in other sub-forums and not in a fellow users "For Sale" thread.
Under your rules, would it be permissible to link to such discussion from the for sale thread? There are two sides to every sale.

Under my rules, no. But I don't make the rules.
cwerdna said:
Firetruck41 said:
Many forums actually have this as part of their rules for posts in the classifieds section...
I've been on/am on a bunch of car forums + other non-car forums. To my knowledge, I've never been on such a forum that had this rule.
It is common courtesy not to screw up someone's "for sale" thread. Unless there is some obvious misrepresentation or misinformation, I don't think users should be stepping on the toes of the seller. There are forums that adhere to this, and others that don't. If we want to discuss further, I would suggest a new thread.

Back