Metal Air Battery thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
palmermd said:
Rod Lache (Analyst - Deutsche Bank):There are some new manufacturing processes for cathode material

Could someone just clarify the latest jargon.

Which terminal is the latest battery-speak referring to when it describes the 'cathode' of a secondary battery? (It makes no sense, unless you also know if it is referring to charging or discharging.)

My first impression of folks tends to be:- Not using correct technical language/symbols/syntax = They don't really understand it.

It could be they've just developed their own jargon of course. I just don't see the issue with saying 'the negative terminal' IF that is what they mean for the cathode.

In a primary battery, the cathode is the positive terminal, of course. Same for secondary batteries, or not?

mbender said:
Note to self: people who refer to a 'Gigglefactory', hype new/unproven/non-mass-produced batteries and are over[t]ly concerned with investsing are likely short Tesla or have another ulterior motive.
)

I have shorted TSLA and made money doing it :mrgreen:

Back