National Plug In Day Come Attend your local one

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The CT Plug in day event

National Plug In Day! NEEAA is teaming with CCSU 1615 Stanley Street New Britain CT 06050
September 23rd Noon to 6pm

There are many others out there

Atlanta, GA
Austin, TX
Concord, NH
Dallas, TX
Davis, CA
Denver, CO
Detroit, MI
Honolulu, HI
Indianapolis, IN
Kingsport, TN
Kissimmee, FL
Knoxville, TN
Nashville, TN
New York City, NY
Orange County, CA
Phoenix, AZ
Portland, OR
San Francisco, CA
San Diego, CA
San Jose, CA
Santa Cruz, CA
Santa Monica, CA
Seattle, WA
Springfield, MO
Tucson, AZ
Washington DC

Read more: http://priuschat.com/threads/national-plug-in-day-come-support-electric.115128/#ixzz26LfyXqqi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Huntsville AL too -- http://events.pluginday.org/p/salsa/event/common/public/index.sjs?event_KEY=67965" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I heard a professional radio spot on NPR yesterday where they mentioned it and encouraged people to attend the Los Angeles (El Segundo) event.

When the wife got home later, I mentioned NPID, and she said she had also heard a radio spot.

Awesome to have a big company like Nissan supporting a grassroots event.

You forgot to list Salt Lake City, UT.

http://events.pluginday.org/p/salsa/event/common/public/index.sjs?event_KEY=68022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm planning on attending the festivities at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. I've "registered", not sure what that means, and I haven't heard back from the organizers. I guess I'll just drive the LEAF down there and hope for the best...

The SF Bay Area Leafs are trying to make the SF event the "signature" event for the plug in day, including the largest assemblage of Leafs ever. Hopefully, we will get local press coverage.

Join us on September 23rd for a celebration of LEAF ownership in the Bay Area—ground zero for the EV industry in North America if not the world.

We’ve been talking and posting about this event for a while, billing it as the largest gathering of LEAFs and EV’s (to date). Details are rapidly taking shape to make this a “must attend” event. On hand will be Nissan Executives and management team members from both North America and Japan. They will be soliciting our feedback on the LEAF in a friendly, informal setting for most of the morning. Light refreshments will be catered and served under a tent, and Quick Charging will be provided. There will also be display vehicles and gifts for those attending in their LEAFs (and perhaps a surprise or two).

The LEAF Owners Celebration will be part of an entire day’s activities celebrating National Plug In Day at Crissy Field in San Francisco. The location is ideal—right on the edge of San Francisco Bay, with an iconic view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Late September weather is usually warm and sunny, and with many local residents spending the day at the beach, this is a great opportunity to educate the public on the virtues of electric vehicles. The schedule is shaping up to be:
9:00 Arrival of cars
9:30 – 11:30 Informal discussions with Nissan Team Members
11:30-12:15 Remarks by SF BayLEAFs, Nissan, others
12:15 – 1:00 National Plug In Day Opening Ceremonies
1:00 – 4:00 Attendees cars on exhibit, public discussions

Owners, family and friends are invited to spend the entire the day at Crissy Field, with reserved parking for up to 150 electric vehicles. We’ve worked with Plug In America to structure the day so that those owners wishing to participate in their local Plug In Day activity can do so in the afternoon. Attendees may also get to view practice sailing for the America’s Cup World Series, taking place just a few hundred feet off the beach.

Help us make this event even better by following the link to register in advance. Then, look for update emails over the next two weeks providing directions for parking and charging.

We look forward to seeing you on the 23rd!

Free stuff, chance to talk to Nissan team members, lots and lots of Leafs and Leaf owners along with a smattering ( :D ) of "other" plug-in vehicles... All set in a beautiful beach/park by the bay with sweeping views of the Golden Gate Bridge. Add to that the the usually warm/sunny fall afternoons and a good chance to see some America's Cup boats out on the bay practicing... well, I can't imagine a better way to spend a beautiful Sunday. I'm going, even if it means not watching my beloved Niners and Giants play live on TV (but thank GOD for TiVo ;) ).

I'm co-captain of the Los Angeles NPID event in El Segundo. We're holding what could be the largest ride & drive event ever at the Automobile Driving Museum http://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. We've got examples of virtually all the OEM plug-in cars on the market, and some newer models will be there for show only since they aren't on the market yet.

We've got food and drink for 150, so don't be late.

We're also giving away the new iPad to ten lucky people (nation wide). You have to sign up and show up to win. Go here for details: http://events.pluginday.org/p/salsa/web/common/public/content?content_item_KEY=11267" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

If you always wanted to test drive a Tesla Roadster, we'll have three available.

I look forward to seeing some of you from last year's parade and many of you newbies.

Oh, and try to bring someone who hasn't driven an EV. This is all about getting people in the cars to try them out.

photoday-15.jpg

photoday-14.jpg

photoday-13.jpg

photoday-12.jpg

photoday-11.jpg

photoday-10.jpg

photoday-9.jpg

photoday-8.jpg

I went to the one in Tucson. Talked to several Leaf owners and it made me appreciative of this forum. Thanks to all the informative Leafers on this site I knew much more than the others about the capacity loss issue, Nissan's responses, etc.

The SFBayLeafs did a great job at putting together a LEAF rally at Crissy Field near the wind powered charging stations. What a symbol:
01CrissyFieldwindmillschargingcars.jpg

They had "Valet Charging" !
05Theworldsfirstvaletcharging.jpg

And the Pikes Peak beast:
08PikesPeakLEAF.jpg

That was one EPIC charge cord....

with that size generator you would think there would be more then one car plugged in..

That pikes peak car looks epic also i'd like to ride in that.... did they tweek the softwear to make it go faster?

I'd planned to go but due to carpel tunnel surgery on Friday, I decided it was best to sit it out. Glad there was a good turnout!

PaulScott said:
I'm co-captain of the Los Angeles NPID event in El Segundo. We're holding what could be the largest ride & drive event ever at the Automobile Driving Museum http://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. We've got examples of virtually all the OEM plug-in cars on the market, and some newer models will be there for show only since they aren't on the market yet.

Our El Segundo/Los Angeles event was fantastic! We had a slightly bigger turnout than we'd planned on, so the food ran out early, but everyone seemed to be quite happy. I spent the entire four hours giving test drives in my friend's Tesla Roadster, so I missed out on much of the goings on, but boy did I have fun. The test drive route was about 1.5 miles with a series of right turns and straightaways. I must have experienced 80-100 accelerations in the Tesla. Fun stuff, and the giggles from the drivers were universal. Even seasoned sports car enthusiasts were amazed.

Nissan had four official test drive cars there and were booked the whole time. We estimate over 300 total test drives were given among all the cars. Could have been 400, but it was hard to count them all.

Here are photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/105203334346828294112/September232012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and videos
http://www.youtube.com/gfederas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from #NPID2012 on September 23, 2012 in San Francisco. Enjoy.

Back