OBD2 connection issue to my Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knarlyd

I have a 2013 Leaf SL.
I purchased a BAFX OBD2 off Amazon and have verified with BAFX dealer that is genuine,but to date i have not gotten it to work with my Leaf using either Torque or Leafspy lite.

it's not the ODB2 as it works on my 99 Dodge Ram. I can see data from the Torque app (most of which I dont understand.)

LEAF is "powered on" sitting in the parked position.
I don't have Pandora installated on my Note 2 as Ive read sometimes that can cause issues.

I've restarted phone and replugged device into my Leaf but nothing changes (have waited up to 30 mins for something to occur.)
Also unpaired from phone and then re-paired device but no change. The obd2 is now the only paired device on my phone.

Torque says "Connected to ODB interface, querying"
Then it goes to "Checking proto: Automatic search"
Torque searches for what I assume are all the protocols and speeds, but that's about all it does. After it goes thru all the searching, it starts over again. I see a brief message asking if the car is on.

The "Acccel" meter moves very slightly but I don't think that means anything as nothing else is going on in Torque.

I see a lot of flickering lights on the device while it's connected to the LEAF so I think the device is working but not getting a proper connection with Torque?
Also have tried LeafSpy lite, same issue.

So I'm at a loss other than to take my Leaf to the dealer. My Leaf does have a factory recall for an airbag issue that I haven't had done yet so maybe if I take it in for that it might reset something on the ECU?

is it a bad idea to let the dealer know that I can't connect to my LEAF with the OBD2?

Suggestions appreciated! :cry:

Your car's CAN bus(es) (what the OBD port is attached to) are certainly functional, otherwise the car won't drive. :) Nissan won't help you with it, that's for sure. Don't bother with Torque at all since I'm pretty sure it's not set up for the leaf's (proprietary) messages. Stick with trying to get LeafSpy running.

GlennD said:
Stupid idea, I have found some plugs are very stiff and need a lot of force to seat fully.

Thanks so much for reply! BAFX is sending out a replacement unit. I was surprised considering I purchased in February....that says a ton about this company to me, plus they're sending a prepaid envelope to ship other back!

JeremyW said:
Your car's CAN bus(es) (what the OBD port is attached to) are certainly functional, otherwise the car won't drive. :) Nissan won't help you with it, that's for sure. Don't bother with Torque at all since I'm pretty sure it's not set up for the leaf's (proprietary) messages. Stick with trying to get LeafSpy running.

See, I've learned yet again something new about me Leaf. Didn't know car wouldn't even run! Thanks so much for email!

I'm so thankful to this form, learning a ton and thanking people that share their knowledge is invaluable to me.

Back