OPenEVSE conversion is sold

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

Portable or Fixed OpenEVSE for sale. This unit is intended for conversion of your existing trickle charger to a multiple voltage 3300 watt EVSE. You would take the cable from your existing Leaf or Volt stock EVSE. You could also purchase a low power cable from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-A2055-PEV-Electric-Vehicle-Connector/dp/B00CJWSV0S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388076710&sr=8-1&keywords=j1772" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The EVSE is constructed in a weatherproof 6x6x4 inch electrical box. All openings are sealed and the unit is constructed on a sub-chassis silicon glued to the floor of the box. The display and indicator are triple sealed. There is an existing PG21 gland for the power cable and an unused one for the J1772 cable. This is highly weather resistant.

This unit is constructed using #12 wire. The main board is a Barbouri version 4 OpenEVSE unit. The relay, fuse block, and fuses are 30A for reserve capacity. It has a I2C yellow display that turns reflective under bright light so it never washes out. It also has an I2C RGB mode indicator. The power connector is a L6-20P and the supplied 120V adapter has a L6-20R and a normal 120VAC plug.

A USBASP ISP adapter is supplied for future upgrades. CLI is enabled so you can use an FTDI adapter to set modes. With #12 wiring the maximum continious current is 20A. The plug. would need to be changed to L6-30P like Ingineer uses to support 20A. A 2013 Leaf cable would need this but most cables are for 16A. I will include a disk with Arduino files and OpenEVSE ver 2.0B9 with ISP drivers.

I am selling this for $225 plus $16 for shipping. Local pickup in Anaheim is available and I would be happy to install your J1772 cable ( #12 wire max). This is sold ASIS but I guarantee it will work upon receipt. Payment is cash for local pickup or Paypal if I ship it.

Back