Problems buying Nissan Connect subscription after car turned 3 yrs old.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy100

Hi.

Hope someone out there can help me because Nissan help have been pretty useless up to now.

My dad has a 20 plate Nissan leaf which has just turned three years old and so has lost a couple of things in the iOS app, namely location, finding, live, maps, and remote access. However, he still retains the battery monitor and driving history until 2027.

He wants to purchase those two features back that he lost from the app. He goes into the app shopping basket and selects what features he wants and then clicks on the “buy” button, but that takes him to a screen where his address is already there, but the “ok” option is greyed out. And so we can’t proceed any further.

I contacted Nissan help and they seem to think it’s because there are either some special characters in the address (there are not), or that there is a space after the lines of the end of the address and before the comma, so I looked at this, there are no special characters at all, but the only thing I can see is that there is a space between the last line of the address and the comma. However, I am unable to edit that. I can overwrite the address, but the save option is greyed out, so there’s no way to change or alter the address or take out the spaces. So there is nothing I can do about this.

Nissan help have been pretty useless up to now, they seem to delay replying to my emails, and when they do write back they don’t seem to have anything to suggest that I haven’t already tried.

I can’t really understand because up to the point where the car turned three years old, all of this worked perfectly, nothing has changed with my address, and it worked before. And indeed the other 2 features of the app, namely the battery monitor and the driving history do still work. So I would’ve thought that everything should work or nothing should work.

If it is down to a space in my address (which I can’t edit out) before the comma, then how does battery monitor and driving history still work?

What I mean by a space is this:
E.g. if it was meant to be “42 Smith Street,”
mine is 42 Smith Street , (space between t and ,)

Is there a way to take those spaces out of the NissanConnect iOS app or do I have to do it some other way?

Thank you in advance,
Andy.

Turns out there was an issue with be Nissan Connect app. They’ve sent a new version to Apple and have since fixed it.

All the best,
Andy.

Yep,
Nissan Connect app couldn't login for a couple of days in a row, a few days ago.

It messed up my charging work flow because I use it at night to determine when to stop charging based on SOC.
(my L2 charger can be managed from an app, so both apps combined make the task very easy from my Lazyboy :) )

Suddenly all was fine again. (Android, by the way)

Back