Rear view mirror night time control switch

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Volusiano

I've tried toggling on/off the rear view mirror night time control switch on my Leaf a few times at night when there are cars behind me, but I don't notice anything different either way. On my Lexus, I can tell the difference right away. Is this normal on the Leaf? Does there have to be enough brightness or something before it looks different? It seems like it's already on (headlights coming from behind look kinda green), but turning it off doesn't look any different.

Volusiano said:
I've tried toggling on/off the rear view mirror night time control switch on my Leaf a few times at night when there are cars behind me, but I don't notice anything different either way.
Are you toggling it to ensure it is working, or is that how you're trying to use it? Since it is automatic I leave it on and it definitely works. I have some minor issues with night driving so I am fairly sensitive to headlights behind me. Leaving the auto-dimming on, I find it works very well. Not once have I looked up and thought that a car behind me was too bright.

JasonT said:
Volusiano said:
I've tried toggling on/off the rear view mirror night time control switch on my Leaf a few times at night when there are cars behind me, but I don't notice anything different either way.
Are you toggling it to ensure it is working, or is that how you're trying to use it? Since it is automatic I leave it on and it definitely works. I have some minor issues with night driving so I am fairly sensitive to headlights behind me. Leaving the auto-dimming on, I find it works very well. Not once have I looked up and thought that a car behind me was too bright.

+1

JasonT said:
Volusiano said:
I'm just toggling it to ensure that it's working, that's all. Normally I just leave it on and I do notice that the headlights on the mirror from other cars take a shade of green and are not too bright in my eyes, so I think it's working. I'm just toggling it to see what the difference is, and I just find it odd that there seems to be no difference when I turn it off. On my Lexus I can tell a difference right away if I turn it off (rear headlights look brighter).

Back