Recall R23A6 - results/questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SueC56

I decided to start a thread dedicated to this recent recall. I have a 2019 SL+ (i.e. 62 kwh battery) with 17k miles. My battery SOH (state of health) reads as 90.37% on LeafSpy. When I bought it, it had 4k mi and about 93% SOH.

1) I had my recall done two days ago (12/13/23). Now I wish I had run LeafSpy before and after.

2) As for @tomcon's comment about GOM (guess-o-meter) range with heat on or off: Right now at 65% charge and garage about 45 degrees F, my range shows 150 mi with heat off and 135 mi with heat on. Off the top of my head, I would say that's a wide range than I've seen before. Usually, it's been more on the order of a 5 mile difference. (I understand the limitations of the GOM).

3) As for @NJ20fourteenSV's comment about a higher GOM number after recall: at 65% SOC,my car shows a GOM of 150 mi, and a recent average of 3.2 mi/kw. If I do a calculation of battery size with those numbers, (kwh=GOM/(mi/kw * SOC * SOH), I come up with 79 KwH as the battery capacity (which is obviously high, even considering the buffer below 0% and my 90% SOH). If I turn the process around, and calculate my estimated range based on recent usage and battery capacity, (x mi = 3.2 mi/kw * 62 KwH * 90.37% SOH), I get 179 mi. That is significantly higher than even what the GOM shows (150 mi). Am I thinking about this correctly? I'd be interested in any comments from the knowledgeable people on this forum.

4) The one definite thing I have noticed is that now e-pedal does not stay turned on between uses of the car. I have to remember to turn it on each time I start the car. I suspect this has something to do with the recall being related to unintended acceleration, but I am not thrilled about it. Oh well, i'm trainable LOL.

TIA

I decided to start a thread dedicated to this recent recall. I have a 2019 SL+ (i.e. 62 kwh battery) with 17k miles. My battery SOH (state of health) reads as 90.37% on LeafSpy. When I bought it, it had 4k mi and about 93% SOH.

1) I had my recall done two days ago (12/13/23). Now I wish I had run LeafSpy before and after.

2) As for @tomcon's comment about GOM (guess-o-meter) range with heat on or off: Right now at 65% charge and garage about 45 degrees F, my range shows 150 mi with heat off and 135 mi with heat on. Off the top of my head, I would say that's a wide range than I've seen before. Usually, it's been more on the order of a 5 mile difference. (I understand the limitations of the GOM).

3) As for @NJ20fourteenSV's comment about a higher GOM number after recall: at 65% SOC,my car shows a GOM of 150 mi, and a recent average of 3.2 mi/kw. If I do a calculation of battery size with those numbers, (kwh=GOM/(mi/kw * SOC * SOH), I come up with 79 KwH as the battery capacity (which is obviously high, even considering the buffer below 0% and my 90% SOH). If I turn the process around, and calculate my estimated range based on recent usage and battery capacity, (x mi = 3.2 mi/kw * 62 KwH * 90.37% SOH), I get 179 mi. That is significantly higher than even what the GOM shows (150 mi). Am I thinking about this correctly? I'd be interested in any comments from the knowledgeable people on this forum.

4) The one definite thing I have noticed is that now e-pedal does not stay turned on between uses of the car. I have to remember to turn it on each time I start the car. I suspect this has something to do with the recall being related to unintended acceleration, but I am not thrilled about it. Oh well, i'm trainable LOL.

TIA Candy Crush
Thank you for providing the detailed information and instructions.

Back