San Diego LEAF Gatherings of Yesteryear - HTB Mira Mesa

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At HTB, if you ask nicely, and explain the situation, they might
let you in without paying for not eating. Or, you might be able
to just buy a drink-bar access, and not eat.

However, for most diets, there is likely to be some kind of
food that you could eat, as long as you do not "trough out".

I intend to be at Cerritos on the 10th, in Oceanside on the 17th, and
in Santa Ana on the 31st of May, health and circumstances permitting.

Do I need a card to access the QC at Oceanside Nissan?
Cheers to All, Gary

TonyWilliams said:
Here's the meeting schedule for breakfast at Hometown Buffet, 8:30am to 11am, on Saturday:
May 3 - Mira Mesa (San Diego County)
May 10 - Cerritos (Orange County)
May 17 - Oceanside (San Diego County)
I was just looking at my schedule for the week and realized that this weekend is the first weekend of the Month. Are we on to have another meetup in Mira Mesa?

We are game, although my wife and I are still on our special diet for a few more weeks. We will be happy to meet and greet folks outside.

eHelmholtz said:
I was just looking at my schedule for the week and realized that this weekend is the first weekend of the Month. Are we on to have another meetup in Mira Mesa?

This past weekend highlighted many of the reasons why I don't like Hometown Buffet. Not having a private room is one. Plus, I think three people showed up at the last Mira Mesa breakfast.

I will be at the Hamburger Factory in Poway if anybody cares to join me:

EV Meet Ups in Orange County, San Diego County and Los Angeles County:

All meet-ups on Saturday:

June 7 - Poway (San Diego County), 8:30am to 11am, Hamburger Factory, 14122 Midland Rd, Poway, CA 92064
Phone: 858-486-4575

June 14 - Cerritos (Orange County), 8:30am to 11am, Hometown Buffet, 11471 South St, Cerritos, 562-402-8307

June 21 - Northridge (Los Angeles County) 12pm - 5pm - Bob’s Big Boy in Northridge, 8876 Corbin Ave., Northridge, CA 91324). SE Corner of Northridge Way and Corbin Ave.

June 28 - Santa Ana (Orange County), 8:30am to 11am, Hometown Buffet, 1008 E 17th St, Santa Ana, 714-541-3020

So, we're meeting in Poway and not Mira Mesa this weekend?

You're good at these sorts of organizations Tony so I'll leave it to you but as I recall there's no charging on site at the Hamburger factory. Part of the appeal of Mira Mesa was that it will have onsite L2 and DC fast charging as well as its relatively central location. The other part is bringing back some nostalgia for longtime members.

eHelmholtz said:
So, we're meeting in Poway and not Mira Mesa this weekend?

You're good at these sorts of organizations Tony so I'll leave it to you but as I recall there's no charging on site at the Hamburger factory. Part of the appeal of Mira Mesa was that it will have onsite L2 and DC fast charging as well as its relatively central location. The other part is bringing back some nostalgia for longtime members.

There's no nostalgia at Hamburger Factory? We met there way more times than HTB. I didn't think the charge stations in Mira Mesa actually worked. (Edit: just checked on PlugShare and as of 30 May 2014, those Blink stations are not working and may never work).

There is a free DC charger at Mossy Nissan about a mile away from Hamburger factory, plus numerous J1772 within a few miles. Anybody can charge at my house, too, which is nearby with 8kW of solar power.

I have a NEMA 14-50 outside to plug into, and 40 amp J1772.

Just park across the street in the trees here:

999fb286.jpg

136d8b79.jpg

As of a couple of weeks ago the DCQC at Mossy Nissan Poway is now eVgo, so no longer free. The L2's are still free if you need a little extra after the meet, or just get some from Tony during the meet.

Our Orange County Gatherings at HTB generally start at 8 AM, when
the Hometown Buffet opens, not 8:30, although some folks just drift
in later whenever they can get there - no problem.

Both of our HTB locations have been carefully selected for
consistant good quality, a good variety of food to suit almost
everybody, friendly staff and management, meeting rooms if
we need them (often booked by other larger groups),
plenty of paved parking, and inexpensive breakfast prices.

Cerritos Nissan has a QC (now NRG eVgo) and 3 free J1772s
just a mile away from HTB, and a free QC 8 miles away.

There are a growing number of QCs in the vicinity of the HTB
in Santa Ana, although I do not know of any free QCs nearby,
perhaps the Mitsubishi QC (to the West) is the closest free QC.

Back