Seat belt chime goes off randomly...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danelo

My seat belt chime goes off randomly after making right hand turns. Right turns when I am moving, not after stopping and then accelerating and making a right hand turn. It beeps for a set amount of time, around 25 seconds. Then it goes off. Unbuckling my seat belt and attaching it has no effect on length of the chime. Rest of the car seats have no weight on them. Outside temperature doesn't seem to be an issue, it does it in the morning and the afternoon.

Just wondering if others have had this same issue and what the possible repair is.

I should have done this first, looking over the owners manual gives several situations that could cause the chime to go off.

Just wanted to update what the issue was. The seat belt system is very sensitive in these cars. I was simply holding onto the passenger headrest on turns and that little extra bit of pressure on the passenger seat is what was causing the seat belt chime to go off.

Back