Seeking Leafspy help in the San Francisco East Bay area..

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mihird

Guys/Gals,

I just sold my 2nd gas car commuter this weekend. We were a 1 Nissan Leaf/1 Nissan Rogue commuter car family, but we are ready to go all electric now. 2 Nissan Leafs family :)

Instead of committing on a 84 or 107 mile leaf for 3 years as the 200 mile EVs are just around the corner, I am considering taking over someone's lease on a 2015 Leaf which has 20 months of lease time remaining on a 36 month period as a stop gap car.

From reading various posts on this thread, it seems Leafspy is the best tool to inspect battery health and various other parameters on a pre-owned/used Leaf. I have never used LeafSpy and do not own an Andorid device either...

Anyone in and around the east bay who has Leafspy/is a Leafspy enthusiast that can help out?

Any help appreciated...
Mihir

I'm sure there's someone in your area willing to help but since you're getting a 2nd Leaf, I would suggest getting LeafSpy yourself to have it all the time. It is available on Apple, not just Android.

Thanks..yes, I see it. I did not know, it was available on iOS. Okay, can someone help me..what would be the easiest to configure ELM OBDII adapter that will work with the app?

Try http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19147&start=150#p445162.
iOS version used to require WIFi adapter.
That was bit inconveniet as you had to find and select it each time you used.
The new version supports low energy Bluetooth like the LE Link.

Congrats on working towards being a 2 leafer family. We find that it more than doubles the good experience. One or the other car seem to always be able to do the extra miles that inadvertently come up. Also, If you buy an inverter, you can always have an electric rescue car in the case of bricking one of them. Once you get two of them, you will know what I mean about better than doubling the experience. It is a little hard to describe but it feels better. Plus we don't have to compete on who gets to drive the car. :D

mihird said:
Thank you..I notice, it still doesn't support the 2016 30Kwh battery? am I right? Can someone confirm?
It works on 30 kWh. Turbo3 has done testing and I believe published the latest version with this capability.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=20924&hilit=30+kwh+leafspy

Evoforce said:
Congrats on working towards being a 2 leafer family. We find that it more than doubles the good experience. One or the other car seem to always be able to do the extra miles that inadvertently come up. Also, If you buy an inverter, you can always have an electric rescue car in the case of bricking one of them. Once you get two of them, you will know what I mean about better than doubling the experience. It is a little hard to describe but it feels better. Plus we don't have to compete on who gets to drive the car. :D

Those are very interesting tips for a 2 Leaf family :)

We both have long commutes.

I do 86 miles (with tolls that are discounted for EVs).
wife does 60 miles.

Unfortunately, neither of us have reliable work place charging, but by now, we have easy to access and multiple QC charge points on our routes.

When we had the 2013 Leaf, initially we fought, but then I gave up since it was obvious that it was much more convenient to her than me..
We just replaced the 2013 with a 2016 30Kwh and now the fighting has really started :)

It is now perfect for both, as much as I am loving the 30Kwh, she is missing her Leaf now...and we soon realized, we are ready for 2 Leafs. I do not want to get into another 2016 30Kwh (it would be boring to have 2 similar cars, and why commit for 3 new years, when the 200 mile EVs are just around the corner). We next looked at the Soul EV, but we are back to the point of not committing for another 3 years with these 100 mile EVs.

As luck would have had it, I have a friend trying to get out of a 2014 Chevy Volt lease midway, and another person in my neighborhood trying to get out of a 2015 Leaf S+QC lease midway..

So, those both are very interesting and ideal options for us...stop gap car with 20 months or less commitment.

We are really excited about the prospect of becoming a 2 EV family :)

Latest posts

Back