Tax credits of up to $7,500 for EVs to expire 12/31?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epete

The following article says:

"Finally, you need to act quickly if you are considering an electric plug-in car such as the Ford Focus Electric or the Nissan Leaf. Tax credits of up to $7,500 for electric vehicles are also set to expire on Dec. 31."

Is this true? How did I miss this? Was planning on purchasing early next year.

http://www.moneytalksnews.com/2013/12/24/5-purchases-to-squeeze-in-before-the-end-of-the-year/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=email-2013-12-24&utm_medium=email" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Misinformation. The EV tax credit expires at 200,000 units per manufacturer.

The tax that expires is - I believe - for electric motorcycles and the tax 30% credit for EVSE's

Thank you. That was my understanding as well, but the article really put me in a panic.

So 200k per OEM, sold in the US, but that includes all models, right?

So for Tesla, it'll include the Roadster, S and soon X, what's their cumulative total in the US so far?

For Nissan just the LEAF, until the eNV200 arrives, should have a couple years to go yet.

Is it just BEVs or does it include plug in hybrids?

If an OEM is compliance only, never coming close to 200k, will the credit never expire? Or is there also some time limit where it will expire anyway?

Back