Time to upgrade

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lease my cars. Have the 2018SL. Lease has 15K miles per year (45K for 3 yrs), with pandemic only drove 22K and car to be turned in Sept 2021, but will be way under mileage. Who new. I want a longer range car so will look at the Plus version but the Arriya looks interesting. Someone might want to stay in touch with me because this 2018 will have low mileage and runs great.

@alozzy

Just yesterday I heard from Muxan.

They are really good communicators.

This is what I understand.

The Spring for the 19 is no different. It's how they angle it, i.e., the geometry in the 19 for the 62kWh.

So because of that, they have developed a special spring.

I have to convert their charge to dollars (from 257 Euro) but I think it comes out to $315 shipped which I believe to be quite reasonable.

Do you or anyone have suggestions to give me a softer ride in terms of rear shocks? I figure I'll change shocks at the same time.

Also I still may upgrade my tires as well to 205 65 16 (Michelin Defender via Costco)

Aloha

p.s. and for newbies like me, I have learned the the battery is referred to in units of kWh (i.e. 62 kWh batter) thanks to the forum education :D

The springs determine the ride softness while the shocks just dampen out the up/down motion inherent in the springs. I think that to get a softer ride for the same ride height would require longer, weaker springs that compress more to leave the car at the same ride height. If the car is not lifted, this increases the chance of having the car hit the bump stops since the spring strength is lower. You could lift the car but that can cause all sorts of issues since the steering geometry changes, the center of gravity gets higher (but this may be offset by the new pack in this case), brake hoses and wires may be stretched, etc.

@Goldbrick

That's good information. Any recommendations on specific shocks, i.e., part #?
And what do you think of my going for the slightly larger tires. What are the + and - (s) of that in your thinking?

Mahalo

I'd check with muxsan. They have swapped multiple 62kWh packs into older Leafs and are very thorough. They also build and sell much of the gear folks use to do these swaps and are generous with their knowledge.

Back