What are the two brake switches? Sticking brakes, btw

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodhi

Had issues with the foot-on-brake-but-car-doesn't-recognize-foot-on-brake not starting, so I took out the bottom brake switch and sprayed some deoxit on the connectors, hooked it back up, and it worked fine. Now, here's the in retrospect I-shouldn't-have-done-it part: In the meantime, I had ordered a replacement switch, and when I got it, I thought, oh, well, I'll stick it in. Since then, I've had problems - even with the original switch, of my brakes staying partially engaged/pedal stiff and hard to push. By turning off my car and letting it sit, it's made it better, but I still feel like the brakes are grabbing without me pressing the brake pedal. I have also tried on a few occasions disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for a bit.

I did have a very low 12v battery (was about 9.5 volts), so I changed that - but still have this issue. I have since ordered what appears to be a factory Nissan brake switch, but I also want to replace the top switch, but I cannot verify what it's called and what the number would be. 2016 Leaf, btw.

The bottom switch, I'm just sure, is the 25300/AT30A, but the top switch, which I also want to replace to see if that helps, is a bit of a mystery - to me, anyway, as to what it's properly called and the part number. I've pulled it, and the only number is PA66 GF30 - which search results yield nothing. I thought maybe it is the cruise control switch, but when I search for that, results look like the same switch as the bottom switch.

Might anyone help me with this - maybe not only with what this top switch is called and the part number, but maybe other ideas regarding my problem?

Thank you.

Back