Will Nissan honor a new battery cell 2018 Nissan Leaf with 101,000 ( five years old)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sthomson321

Good Afternoon,

I’m looking for honest guidance on the following:

My 2018 Nissan Leaf received a message stating “service ev system, will not turn on once off”

I changed the 12v battery, cleared the codes and the vehicle ran fine for a week until I got the same message.

I brought it to the Nissan dealership , I was told it’s 1000 miles over the warranty but within the duration of the warranty ( five years). I was advised to contact Nissan corporate customer claims.

After speaking with them, I was told it was out of warranty bc it was 1000 miles over but they will try to make a case under “goodwill” i was advised it may need a new battery ( worst case scenario) or replace a bad cell. Corporate is running with the worst case scenario since Nissan’s mechanics cannot diagnose the true problem until they drop the battery.

Has anyone read any similar stories? I found it ironic, never having a problem with the Leaf, once the battery warranty ran up, I got a service ev system code.

Have other customers had their warranties honored under “goodwill” after slightly being over the warranty???

Thank you

Back