Offcial Honda Fit EV Thread (lease only)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the color, too, and I've seen ICE Fits in the same or very similar color. Few people seem to notice my FIt is different.

Looks like a good number of these with relatively low mileage for its age are still available for lease in SoCal, $200/mo, unlimited mileage, collision insurance, and a Leviton charger included. Anyone knows if they are covered by any sort of extended warranty?

Valdemar said:
Looks like a good number of these with relatively low mileage for its age are still available for lease in SoCal, $200/mo, unlimited mileage, collision insurance, and a Leviton charger included. Anyone knows if they are covered by any sort of extended warranty?
Honda covers everything but tires, 12V battery, and wiper blades, thou many drivers have had those covered too. Drove mine for just under 5 years/60K and had zero problems. Surprised that Honda would still be re-leasing the FEV now that the Clarity trio is available for ZEV credits.

KeiJidosha said:
Valdemar said:
Honda covers everything but tires, 12V battery, and wiper blades, thou many drivers have had those covered too. Drove mine for just under 5 years/60K and had zero problems. Surprised that Honda would still be re-leasing the FEV now that the Clarity trio is available for ZEV credits.
I'm surprised anyone would pay that much to lease a Fit, compared to lease deals on new BEVs, including:

edatoakrun said:
The clarity BEV is a relatively large sedan, reportedly having very nice appointments, many features and quality fit-and finish, and is available for very attractive lease terms, $700 down and 199/mo for a 36 month, 20k mile-per-year lease.

https://automobiles.honda.com/clarity-series?ef_id=1:1:1&CID=SEARCH_HON_GOOGLE_FY18_SERIES_BRD&gclid=COjDnouN-dcCFcydfgodwKMHEA&gclsrc=ds
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=513096#p513096

edatoakrun said:
I'm surprised anyone would pay that much to lease a Fit, compared to lease deals on new BEVs, including:

The clarity BEV is a relatively large sedan, reportedly having very nice appointments, many features and quality fit-and finish, and is available for very attractive lease terms, $700 down and 199/mo for a 36 month, 20k mile-per-year lease...

Don't disagree, though the Clarity lease does not include insurance. Several former FEV drivers have indeed opted for the Clarity "upgrade".

edatoakrun said:
KeiJidosha said:
Valdemar said:

True, however Clarity lease is 3 years. The Fit is 24 months, for someone who needs a shorter lease and needs to buy a charging station it works out to about $130-$150/mo with the insurance deal. Not too bad. You do get to drive a lesser used car though.

Via IEVS:
Honda’s New 186-Mile Electric Fit Will Be Priced Below $20,000
https://insideevs.com/hondas-new-186-mile-electric-fit-will-be-priced-below-20000/

According to media reports, Honda and Chinese battery manufacturer Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL) will partner to develop an affordable electric Honda Fit that goes the distance. . . .

The new Honda Fit EV (also known as Jazz) is to be ready in 2020 and offered globally in volume of up to 100,000 annually. The keys to achieving that lofty sale goal is a price of 2 million yen (over $18,000 or €15,500) and range of 300 km (186 miles) in an undisclosed test cycle.

Even if the real-world range is more like 200-240 km (125-150 miles), at the price of hybrid, the Honda Fit EV would match the range of the current Nissan LEAF, while undercutting its price by a wide margin. . . .
Now that would be a game changer, if they can keep the price under $20k. It would be viable for some people as a sole car without subsidies, and is priced far better as a primary car for local/regional use. Short/medium commute and local use-only will probably require under $15k.

Back