Official Tesla Model 3 thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw my first Model 3 at the Albuquerque NM Supercharger Station on November 25th. They were heading home to California after visiting family in the Midwest for Thanksgiving.

38953182962_3cde8afe18_c.jpg

Don't much care for that dark grey ("Midnight Silver") color, although some really seem to like it.

dgpcolorado said:
Saw my first Model 3 at the Albuquerque NM Supercharger Station on November 25th. They were heading home to California after visiting family in the Midwest for Thanksgiving.

Don't much care for that dark grey ("Midnight Silver") color, although some really seem to like it.
One of the two I've seen was that color as well.

dgpcolorado said:

Saw the same color M3 here in SoCal (Hawthorne) yesterday, possibly heading to SpaceX. With that color,
it looks very bland, and most unaware of it being a Tesla, wouldn't look further, i.e. a generic Detroit ICEV.

I saw two more Model 3s yesterday, a blue one on the way to work and a black one with the fancy wheels on the way home.

I’ve stopped taking pictures of them as I’m now seeing at least one basically every day.

Saw somewhere one T3 vendor was told to increase production to 5,000 a week. Looks like an outside chance Musk might enjoy the show on New Years Eve... The "Crow Eating" Show that is. :)

mtndrew1 said:
I saw two more Model 3s yesterday, a blue one on the way to work and a black one with the fancy wheels on the way home.

I’ve stopped taking pictures of them as I’m now seeing at least one basically every day.

I wish I had that problem. Still have yet to see one in person. Although I'm heading downstate (near NYC) for Christmas. I'm sure there's one hanging around down there somewhere...

DaveinOlyWA said:
Saw somewhere one T3 vendor was told to increase production to 5,000 a week. Looks like an outside chance Musk might enjoy the show on New Years Eve... The "Crow Eating" Show that is. :)

It’s certainly looking likely that Tesla will get at least a couple thousand Model 3s out the door in calendar 2017 with a solid ramp in 2018.

The company’s progress is in stark contrast to virtually every analyst and armchair quarterback in Spring of 2016 that took the confirmation email statement that “employee deliveries will begin in late 2017” to basically mean that one car would pop off the assembly line by December 31st, 2018 at the earliest.

Can’t wait for mine, though I’m loving the range on my interim Leaf now that it got its warranty battery replacement.

mtndrew1 said:
It’s certainly looking likely that Tesla will get at least a couple thousand Model 3s out the door in calendar 2017 with a solid ramp in 2018.

The company’s progress is in stark contrast to virtually every analyst and armchair quarterback in Spring of 2016 that took the confirmation email statement that “employee deliveries will begin in late 2017” to basically mean that one car would pop off the assembly line by December 31st, 2018 at the earliest.

Including this armchair quarterback, but consider the Model X debacle was still quite recent history. A small miss on Model3 would definitely be progress for Tesla.

lorenfb said:
dgpcolorado said:

Saw the same color M3 here in SoCal (Hawthorne) yesterday, possibly heading to SpaceX. With that color,
it looks very bland, and most unaware of it being a Tesla, wouldn't look further, i.e. a generic Detroit ICEV.
You know things are looking bad for the shorts when they start criticizing its appearance.

lorenfb said:

For some folks that may be a positive. I'm sure I can't be the only one who has experienced negative and even hostile behaviors based on my vehicle being an EV.

Nubo said:
lorenfb said:

For some folks that may be a positive. I'm sure I can't be the only one who has experienced negative and even hostile behaviors based on my vehicle being an EV.
More importantly, no Tesla has looked like a weirdmobile, which tend to be polarizing and turn off half the audience. They're just nice albeit conventional-looking cars. I doubt there are many people who'd prefer that Teslas look like the LEAF 1, Prius (Gen4), Mirai or Clarity, just to get people to notice that they're different.

GRA said:
Nubo said:
lorenfb said:

More importantly, no Tesla has looked like a weirdmobile, which tend to be polarizing and turn off half the audience. They're just nice albeit conventional-looking cars. I doubt there are many people who'd prefer that Teslas look like the LEAF 1, Prius (Gen4), Mirai or Clarity, just to get people to notice that they're different.

Well, when most potential M3 purchasers will be required to spend close to $60K to obtain delivery, many most likely will
consider other the luxury vehicles which don't appear as a bland Detroit ICEV, notwithstanding the M3's other negatives,
e.g. center dash/display.

Nubo said:
That possibility certainly did occur to me wrt to the bland dark grey color — it certainly doesn't stand out!

Then there is this one:

8rjfwptcms201.jpg

VIN: 1006 https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/7ijcu2/1006_spotted_in_san_jose_car_looks_extremely_new/

Hard not to get noticed driving that car!

mtndrew1 said:
...It’s certainly looking likely that Tesla will get at least a couple thousand Model 3s out the door in calendar 2017 with a solid ramp in 2018.

The company’s progress is in stark contrast to virtually every analyst and armchair quarterback in Spring of 2016 that took the confirmation email statement that “employee deliveries will begin in late 2017” to basically mean that one car would pop off the assembly line by December 31st, 2018 at the earliest...
Exactly who was the most wrong about 2017 model three deliveries?

Elon Musk: Tesla Model 3 Production Target Is Up To 200,000 In Second Half Of 2017

https://insideevs.com/elon-musk-tesla-model-3-production-target-is-up-to-200000-in-second-half-of-2017/

edatoakrun said:
I'm just going to leave this here:
duty_calls.png

But geez - if you actually read the article instead of the headline, you can see that Elon himself knows that his target is pie-in-the sky and did not expect to hit that number.
Now, will we actually be able to achieve volume production on July 1 next year? Of course, not.
So in order for us to be confident of achieving volume production of Model 3 by late 2017, we actually have to set a date of mid-2017

drees said:
edatoakrun said:

(Elon Musk)

So in order for us to be confident of achieving volume production of Model 3 by late 2017, we actually have to set a date of mid-2017
I'd say that as of today it's pretty close to as late 2017 as you can get, wouldn't you drees?

Elon Musk, confidence man.

Back