lorenfb
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:10 am

EVDRIVER wrote:
lorenfb wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote:Ad hominem attacks are not exclusively reserved for you to use or other members nor is your opinion or mine. Be careful how you pint fingers because you have been called out that before by others as well. Yes that report was mostly positive but we both know that's not the point nor was that your goal. I have no loyalty to Tesla or any other EV company and if I was ever an EV "fanboy" I would say that it was for the LEAF. If you feel you are not treated fairly under the forum rules please let me know and I will be the first to argue on your behalf I can assure you. I will admit you and Ed are the first people I have ever called a troll on this forum. Not the best as it has negative connotations, the implication is one of spamming. If that offended you I apologize but I still reserve the right to express my opinions as do others sans specific terminology. You are also allowed to point out anything you want negative or otherwise but we also know that is not the point because no one has stopped you nor will they.

O.K. So now please change your profile to indicate that you're a moderator. It's time to move-on!

Happy to move on. Please PM me your specific concerns and I will address them related to privacy. My designation for a long time was super moderator or something silly but after donating it changed and for some thecnical reason it could not be changed back. ’ve been clear about being a mod here but it’s not as obvious becase there are few mod activities as a result of reduced traffic over the years. I’m still unclear of the concern you have but if it is related to warnings that’s usually public info that is called out on the thread and appears on your posting. It may not show on yours or others so if that is the case I apologize. Warnings are usually also noted by mods in the thread as well. I don’t agree with many warnings here FYI particularly those that are subjective about opinions. I think you have value to add here considering it is not clouded by the other content. That’s my personal opinion becase as a mod my opinion about other things is irrelevant. I would appreciate that you refrain from continuing to insinuating things unless you are going to PM me about specifics.

Just a simple request; Let forum members know you're a moderator - put it your profile. Thanks
Leaf SL MY 9/13: 66K miles, 50 Ahrs, 5.2 miles/kWh (average), Hx=70, SOH=78, L2 charges to 100% > 1000, max battery temp < 95F (35C), min discharge point > 20 Ahrs

EVDRIVER

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:28 am

Done

mtndrew1

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:27 pm

I put nearly 400 miles on my new car in the first weekend and the drive is sublime. The car is enormously powerful, the handling is razor sharp, and the features are great. Somehow it’s getting better Mi/kWh than my Leaf S did.

As for the car’s demerits, the interface to choose music (FM, streaming, USB) needs work and I’m getting a low washer fluid warning when I start the car despite there being plenty in the tank. I called the 800 number through the link on the touchscreen, they remotely scanned my car, and they set up an appointment to have it resolved at the service center nearest my house in early May.

It’s a truly neat car and I’m enjoying the drive even though I’m still a little paranoid about damaging it as I’ve never had a car this expensive.
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range

2013 Nissan Leaf S + QC sold with warranty pack replacement

2015 Kia Soul EV+ Lease returned 10/14/17 45,000 miles w/ 13.8% degradation.

Randy
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0191

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:00 pm

Drew, I also intermittently get the alarm that my washing fluid is low upon startup, and it isn't. They couldn't find what the problem was at the service center. Please PM me if your service guys find a solution.

mtndrew1

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:45 pm

Will do. My appointment is May 11th because I’m out of town a lot between now and then.

The warning goes away about two minutes after starting the car and doesn’t return until I start the car again so I’m assuming it’s some software glitch. Maybe a firmware update in the interim will resolve it but for now I’m having too much fun driving to worry about it.

EVDRIVER

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:05 pm

mtndrew1 wrote:Will do. My appointment is May 11th because I’m out of town a lot between now and then.

The warning goes away about two minutes after starting the car and doesn’t return until I start the car again so I’m assuming it’s some software glitch. Maybe a firmware update in the interim will resolve it but for now I’m having too much fun driving to worry about it.

What color did you get? Have you used the Redondo or Hawthorne SC yet? Redondo can be annoying with all the local abuse but the other can be very convenient.

mtndrew1

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:31 pm

Mine is dark grey which seems to be the most common color.

I have not used any superchargers yet and don’t expect to aside from long road trips.

So far I’m exceeding the car’s 310 miles of predicted range so even Palm Springs and back on one charge leaves me with plenty to spare, which is the trip I’m doing this weekend.

I’ll hit a supercharger on Saturday just to make sure it works properly and for novelty but I don’t expect to use the network more than two or three times a year.

After planning every single outing beyond my commute down to the last half mile for the last five years it’s truly bizarre just to get in and go anywhere or deviate from any planned route without even thinking about range and still get home with 200 miles in the “tank.”

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:12 am

EVDRIVER wrote:Done

Time for a Beer Summit? :)
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

ranss12
Delivery Date: 10 Apr 2012
Leaf Number: 18901

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:59 am

I'll be leaving MNL after about 7 years. I'm selling my 2012 LEAF (73,400 miles) tomorrow in preparation for getting my Model 3 sometime in the next 3-5 weeks. Aside from the battery degradation (down 2 bars and expecting to lose a third any day), I greatly enjoyed my Leaf experience. It has been exceptionally reliable and inexpensive to run. I drove a 2018 LEAF on Saturday (April 21st) at an Earth Day ev meetup and was really impressed with it, although I didn't care for the 1 pedal driving. It slows the car down fairly rapidly, but according to the dealer rep riding with me, the brake lights don't come on while this slowing is happening. This seems like a recipe for getting rear-ended. Even if the 2018 LEAF had an equivalent range to the Model 3, I wouldn't have purchased it because of the lack of battery temperature management and the lack of an available nationwide high speed charging network (I live in NY but spend the winter in CA so I drive across the country a couple of times a year). Interestingly enough, I have a DC fast charging port on my LEAF SL, but in the 6 years I've owned it, I never had a chance to use it.
Like others, my new Model 3 will be at least twice as expensive ($50,000) as any other vehicle I've ever owned even though I didn't get EAP, FSD, or the 19" wheels.
Hope to see some of you over at the Model 3 forum at TeslaMotorsClub

mtndrew1

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:36 am

ranss12 wrote:... but according to the dealer rep riding with me, the brake lights don't come on while this slowing is happening. This seems like a recipe for getting rear-ended.

Not that it matters much for your situation, but this is inaccurate. When using ePedal and decelerating the brake lights do come on to warn those behind you. I verified this from reflections in following vehicles first hand and confirmed with a Nissan NA rep when they brought me one to drive.

The Model 3 will indicate on the little “toy car” displayed on the center screen when the brake lights (and headlights and turn signals for that matter) come on due to deceleration, whether autonomously or via off-throttle regen.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”