lorenfb
Posts: 1981
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 pm
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635
Location: SoCal

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:19 am

Evoforce wrote: Tesla is superior to all other BEV's.


To each, his own opinion!
#1 Leaf SL MY 9/13: 73K miles, 49 Ahrs, 5.1 miles/kWh (average), Hx=70, SOH=78, L2 - 100% > 1000, max temp < 95F (35C), min discharge > 20 Ahrs
#2 Leaf SL MY 12/18: 200 miles, 115 Ahrs, 5.4 miles/kWh (average), Hx=98, SOH=99

goldbrick
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:33 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 311806
Location: Boulder, CO

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:23 am

^^Probably true, and if someone were to give me any EV I wanted, I'd probably pick a Tesla Model S. But I had to buy my car and as such, I am very satisfied with the Leaf I purchased. As always, YMMV

palmermd
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:19 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:29 pm

Traded in my Leaf today for a Tesla Model 3. I purchased the $35,000 car and i was not disappointed. What a fantastic car! Looking forward to my first EV roadtrip this weekend.
Michael

Leaf from 31 March 2011 - Traded 18 April 2018 for Tesla Model 3 Unicorn
Driving electric since 1996


Leaf Bar Loss

User avatar
SalisburySam
Gold Member
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 24 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 018156
Location: Salisbury, NC

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:57 pm

palmermd wrote:Traded in my Leaf today for a Tesla Model 3. I purchased the $35,000 car and i was not disappointed. What a fantastic car! Looking forward to my first EV roadtrip this weekend.

Congratulations! Dare I ask how much Tesla gave you as trade in value for the 2011 LEAF?
Nissan 2012 LEAF SL Super Black
13,100 miles, 10 bars showing, 72.35% SOH, 47.46 Ahr

Tesla Model 3 - Basic Black | Long Range | Premium Upgrade Package | Extended AutoPilot | Full Self-Driving
Delivered: July 19, 2018 | 6,900 miles

palmermd
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:19 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:22 pm

SalisburySam wrote:
palmermd wrote:Traded in my Leaf today for a Tesla Model 3. I purchased the $35,000 car and i was not disappointed. What a fantastic car! Looking forward to my first EV roadtrip this weekend.

Congratulations! Dare I ask how much Tesla gave you as trade in value for the 2011 LEAF?


I figured the car would sell private party for about 4k. Carmax offered 2k, so I asked Tesla and they also offered 2k. After a week or so of thinking about it I decided to just trade it in with Tesla. It was much easier that way. I did not need a ride to the delivery center, just left the car I came in with.

I got way more than 2k worth of upgrades on the car in the last week or two, which makes it much more palatable.
Michael

Leaf from 31 March 2011 - Traded 18 April 2018 for Tesla Model 3 Unicorn
Driving electric since 1996


Leaf Bar Loss

User avatar
SalisburySam
Gold Member
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 24 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 018156
Location: Salisbury, NC

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:02 am

palmermd wrote:
SalisburySam wrote:
palmermd wrote:Traded in my Leaf today for a Tesla Model 3. I purchased the $35,000 car and i was not disappointed. What a fantastic car! Looking forward to my first EV roadtrip this weekend.

Congratulations! Dare I ask how much Tesla gave you as trade in value for the 2011 LEAF?


I figured the car would sell private party for about 4k. Carmax offered 2k, so I asked Tesla and they also offered 2k. After a week or so of thinking about it I decided to just trade it in with Tesla. It was much easier that way. I did not need a ride to the delivery center, just left the car I came in with.

I got way more than 2k worth of upgrades on the car in the last week or two, which makes it much more palatable.

Thanks for sharing the details, much appreciated. I kept my 2012 LEAF (heated steering wheel, you know, not available on Model 3). I really do like my LEAF in so many ways...it just can’t go anywhere outside my city. You’ve confirmed that it isn’t worth much, as I suspected, to anyone but me.

BTW, you likely already know this, but there are at least three Tesla-related fora I subscribe to that you may find useful with your new car:

1- https://www.Teslamotorsclub.com for all Tesla vehicles and some solar and battery as well.
2- https://www.Teslaownersonline.com probably the most complete, informative, and useful forum, much like https://www.mynissanleaf.com in my opinion.
3- https://forums.tesla.com Tesla’s own forum. Good info, lots of valuable participation, but no search function built-in...have to use external searches. Still, if you keep up with it, lots of good info. And Tesla itself does not seem to participate oddly.

Enjoy the “3”! I certainly have.

Lastly, there is no exact equivalent for Teslas to the incredible LeafSpyPro for the LEAF. However, much of the same information and lots of charging and trip data ARE available through the Tesla app itself. If you’re a real data hound, you’ll want to get one (not more than one, they tend to not play well together) of the 3rd-party apps. You can read lots about these apps in the fora listed above. For me, the only one available last July when I picked up my Model 3 was “TeslaFi” at https://www.teslafi.com. It is $5/mo or $50/year and the amount of data you get as well as its presentation is pretty awesome. It keeps track of your firmware updates (number, date installed, days from previous update, etc.) and gives information about the Tesla fleet as a whole. Others, such as an app called “Stats” have come on the scene and more are coming. For me, these new apps don’t have a way of converting existing information into their apps so I’d lose all my TeslaFi data completely if I switched, so I’m sticking with TeslaFi. So far, I like it the best of what’s available, but that changes hourly in the app world.

Whatever you do, enjoy your new ride! (I may have mentioned that a couple of times already, but I like redundancy...again.)
Nissan 2012 LEAF SL Super Black
13,100 miles, 10 bars showing, 72.35% SOH, 47.46 Ahr

Tesla Model 3 - Basic Black | Long Range | Premium Upgrade Package | Extended AutoPilot | Full Self-Driving
Delivered: July 19, 2018 | 6,900 miles

palmermd
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:19 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:17 am

Wow,. Thanks for the super detailed and informative post. I'll check out the other forums and apps.
Michael

Leaf from 31 March 2011 - Traded 18 April 2018 for Tesla Model 3 Unicorn
Driving electric since 1996


Leaf Bar Loss

User avatar
jlv
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:38 am

palmermd wrote:Wow,. Thanks for the super detailed and informative post. I'll check out the other forums and apps.

FWIW, TeslaOwnersOnline.com is the renamed Model3OwnersClub.com. It got created after the Model 3 reservations started (it's the "upstart") and then got renamed later when they realized they were being too selective. I personally prefer TMC.

TeslaFi is definitely something I highly recommend. The stats it collects are awesome. See this post for a view of the lifetime map of my S:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads ... st-3306590
LEAF '13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17, sold 11/18) 34K mi, AHr 58, SOH 87%
Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Tesla X 100D (12/18)
70K 100% BEV miles since '14
ICE free since '18

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”