Chevy Volt: The only Electric car that uses gas? (advert)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdub

volt.jpg

The Chevy Volt.... The only electric car that can use gas to create its own electricity.

That's like saying "The only vegetarian that uses meat to cook their food".

Really really bad ad campaign.

ROTF LMAO :)

Sure, and the only "hybrid" to get a whopping 30mpg in "charge sustained" mode. Your far better of with either a standard Prius, or the upcoming 2012 PHEV Prius

mitch672 said:
ROTF LMAO :)

Sure, and the only "hybrid" to get a whopping 30mpg in "charge sustained" mode. Your far better of with either a standard Prius, or the upcoming 2012 PHEV Prius

Well in all fairness to GM they are pushing back on that claim and they say it'll be getting alot better than that... and I'll believe them until we have valid proof otherwise (that # has been called into question by others and not just GM).

But again - I really think GM missed the boat on the form factor for the VOLT. I'd seriously consider getting one if they put the Volt technology into a SUV or Minivan form factor - that would be my second car besides the LEAF.

Of course what I really wanted was the ENVI Wrangler or the ENVI Town & Country for my second car. Too bad they were killed by Fiat and the bankruptcy judge.

cdub said:
But again - I really think GM missed the boat on the form factor for the VOLT. I'd seriously consider getting one if they put the Volt technology into a SUV or Minivan form factor - that would be my second car besides the LEAF.

That was all because of Lutz - who wanted a "sports" car. My next EV to replace current CUV we have will be a utalitanrian PHEV.

cdub said:
+1 but then I saw the MPV5 concept and it looks like crap but I would still take it over the Volt. It's also too bad the genset couldn't have been a simpler air cooled engine.

cdub said:
volt.jpg

The Chevy Volt.... The only electric car that can use gas to create its own electricity.

LOL, not only is it a terrible ad for the car, but it says, 'gas'. Some people may think it uses hydrogen gas, natural gas, or someone's gas. They should have said 'gasoline'.

DumbAssVoltAd said:

"75% of Americans could have a gas-free daily commute"
Oh ya, well if they ate Gas-X then 100% of them could have a gas-free commute. Of course that would cut out a lot of the fun of car pooling wouldn't it!

indyflick said:
DumbAssVoltAd said:

"75% of Americans could have a gas-free daily commute"
Oh ya, well if they ate Gas-X then 100% of them could have a gas-free commute. Of course that would cut out a lot of the fun of car pooling wouldn't it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Life can toss us some giggles from time to time. Some names can be fun indicators. One early base to which I was assigned had a doctor (urologist) named Cox and a legal officer named Fink.

At GM, for their 'fake' EV, we have a guy who's name sounds a lot like...Poser-Watts... :lol:

Technically wrong - fuel cell cars create their own electricity too, using (hydrogen) gas.

Anyway, a very tortured ad - made by a committee ?

AndyH said:
Life can toss us some giggles from time to time. Some names can be fun indicators. One early base to which I was assigned had a doctor (urologist) named Cox and a legal officer named Fink.

At GM, for their 'fake' EV, we have a guy who's name sounds a lot like...Poser-Watts... :lol:

I knew a dentist named Dr. Bonebreaker. :)

yeah, I guess every other hybrid on the road never makes it own electricity from gasoline, huh? I guess that means all of the Honda Insights and Toyota Prius's must be secretly plugging in their cars every night.

Is it just me, or does it seem like GM is beginning to, once again, sabotage their electric car? I mean add a desolate nuclear wasteland backdrop and you have shades of the EV1 all over again. I hope I am wrong and the Volt is a hit. Just never been comfortable with how cozy the GM board is with big oil. Time will tell... and everyone is watching this time.

cdub said:
volt.jpg

Not only is it a poor ad campaign, but the wording is terrible. When they say 'gas', I can think of lots of gases, such as: methane, H2, propane, and farts. They should definitely use the word 'gasoline'. I would have loved to be in that room when they came up with this one. I could have saved their ad campaign! :)

cdub said:
AndyH said:

I knew a dentist named Dr. Bonebreaker. :)

Dr. R. Hurt DDS......Great guy, knew how to use the gas.... ;)

Back