palmermd
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011

Re: Official Coda Electric Car thread

Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:00 am

cwerdna wrote:Former GM exec Murtaugh hired as CEO of Chinese automaker Qoros:

I thought Murtaugh and Riggs were "too old" to be still working.
Michael

Leaf since 31 March 2011
Driving electric since 1996

First Bar Loss
Second Bar Loss
Third Bar Loss
Fourth Bar Loss

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:18 pm

Re: the Mullen 700e, when going thru http://www.mullenusa.com/news, I found http://www.mullenusa.com/mullen-technol ... enicia-ca/
Mullen Technologies, Inc. has announced the final arrival of the initial line of the Mullen 700e All Electric Vehicles to its’ USA Headquarters in Benicia, CA
Mullen opened the new USA Headquarters in July 2015 and plans to prepare over 1,000 vehicles per month into the American market by year end. The first 85 vehicles will be distributed to new dealers and franchisees in order to prepare the local markets for the new 2016 Mullen 700e which will be showcased at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November 2016. Mullen has also been exclusively importing the full line of Jonway Automotive low speed vehicles, which will also be processed in the new Benicia facility.

Emphasis added is mine.

Really? 1,000 per month that they plan to prepare? Do they really think they can move 1,000 a month of these in the US? Will it not go on sale until November 2016 or at some point earlier? Seems odd to not show it elsewhere earlier (e.g. Detroit auto show in January).

Remember that Coda only sold ~100 vehicles in its lifetime.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

co2112
Delivery Date: 02 Jun 2015
Leaf Number: 009322

Mon May 22, 2017 2:00 pm

When I first started looking at getting an electric car the CODA was the first I heard about and followed. I never got a chance to see one in person until this past weekend when I went to a local parking garage and it was plugged into one of the two chargers.

It was a good concept but the old body style of the Mitsubishi Lancer was dated even before production. Having only sold a 100+ I was surprised to finally see one in the wild.
2011 Black SL

2013 Rav4 EV - 2263

palmermd
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011

Mon May 22, 2017 7:43 pm

co2112 wrote:When I first started looking at getting an electric car the CODA was the first I heard about and followed. I never got a chance to see one in person until this past weekend when I went to a local parking garage and it was plugged into one of the two chargers.

It was a good concept but the old body style of the Mitsubishi Lancer was dated even before production. Having only sold a 100+ I was surprised to finally see one in the wild.

Probably the parking garage in Folsom (downtown). I've seen it there several times. Parked next to the Tesla owned by Mike the drummer.
Michael

Leaf since 31 March 2011
Driving electric since 1996

First Bar Loss
Second Bar Loss
Third Bar Loss
Fourth Bar Loss

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:04 am

cwerdna wrote:Re: the Mullen 700e, when going thru http://www.mullenusa.com/news, I found http://www.mullenusa.com/mullen-technol ... enicia-ca/
Mullen Technologies, Inc. has announced the final arrival of the initial line of the Mullen 700e All Electric Vehicles to its’ USA Headquarters in Benicia, CA
Mullen opened the new USA Headquarters in July 2015 and plans to prepare over 1,000 vehicles per month into the American market by year end. The first 85 vehicles will be distributed to new dealers and franchisees in order to prepare the local markets for the new 2016 Mullen 700e which will be showcased at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November 2016. Mullen has also been exclusively importing the full line of Jonway Automotive low speed vehicles, which will also be processed in the new Benicia facility.

Emphasis added is mine.

Really? 1,000 per month that they plan to prepare? Do they really think they can move 1,000 a month of these in the US? Will it not go on sale until November 2016 or at some point earlier? Seems odd to not show it elsewhere earlier (e.g. Detroit auto show in January).

Remember that Coda only sold ~100 vehicles in its lifetime.

Just for kicks, I decided to see if there was any new info on the Mullen 700e or S edition or whatever.

Now at https://mullenusa.com/, it seems like none of that garbage is mentioned at all. Now they talk about a mythical Qiantu K50 sports car they claim has 236 mile range and 0-60 mph times of 4.6 seconds. They let you reserve. Haha.

https://mullenusa.com/reserve-qiantu-k50/ says
Reservation *Reservations require an initial $1,000 credit card deposit.

Qiantu K50 reservations are limited to 1000 units only and require an initial $1,000 credit card payment. The Qiantu K50 will be available at a starting price of $123,500.

Reservations are not final until the confirmation from Mullen. Your reservation amount is fully refundable- at any time, for any reason.

Your Qiantu K50 will be built at our Southern CA factory and delivered to the closest service center for pick up. We can also ship the Qiantu to you directly...

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”