1912 Edison Rides Again!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjfotos

With thanks to Gas 2.0 for 'steering' me to this article:

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/201805/Edison-s-electric-car-runs-again/

Moved to Other Electric Cars.

BTW, the image I use in other forums for my "avatar" is the William Morrison car - probably the first EV ever built.

Made by William Morrison in 1891, some say the Morrison was the first electric vehicle in America. It had a four horsepower engine , and could carry 6-12 passengers. Top speed was about 20 mph. The batteries needed to be recharged every 50 miles.

evnow said:

BTW, the image I use in other forums for my "avatar" is the William Morrison car - probably the first EV ever built.

Made by William Morrison in 1891, some say the Morrison was the first electric vehicle in America. It had a four horsepower engine , and could carry 6-12 passengers. Top speed was about 20 mph. The batteries needed to be recharged every 50 miles.

Yeah, I remember that image from following some of your posts...excellent!

I was debating which index topic to put this in.....was the age of the car too much to include it in "other electrics"? As you are unfailingly diligent in getting the whole tangle of the forum sorted out, I happily abide by your placement :)

evnow said:

6-12 passengers? That has to be a typo, right? I see one seat that looks like it would seat 3 people at the most.

leaffan said:
6-12 passengers? That has to be a typo, right? I see one seat that looks like it would seat 3 people at the most.

Good catch. I guess that was a different model. The one pictured in the two door coupe :lol:

Back