User avatar
LTLFTcomposite
Posts: 4367
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:06 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5926
Location: Boca Raton FL

Official Porsche Panamera PHEV thread

Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Didn't see a thread on the PP-PHEV so started this one... did anyone else see that commercial for it at halftime? The guy driving along the road with the power lines buzzing. Couldn't find it on youtube, it should show up soon. Anyway I thought it was pretty cool, even if they have only sold like 50 of the cars, these messages are starting to get out from sources recognized by the masses. I really think we're at the tipping point.
LTL
White 2012 SV delivered 10 Dec 2011 returned 25 Nov 2014 replaced with stopgap ICE Sentra
[35 months] [35K miles] [9 Bars]
2013 Volt replaced after 36 months/30k miles with ICE Rogue

User avatar
LTLFTcomposite
Posts: 4367
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:06 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5926
Location: Boca Raton FL

Re: Porsche Panamera PHEV

Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:31 am



Found the video. A few observations:
- that sure is a lot of exhaust noise for an EV
- the green brake calipers are cool
- note the obligatory wind turbines in the landscape
- EV owners always live in contemporary homes and have tidy garages
LTL
White 2012 SV delivered 10 Dec 2011 returned 25 Nov 2014 replaced with stopgap ICE Sentra
[35 months] [35K miles] [9 Bars]
2013 Volt replaced after 36 months/30k miles with ICE Rogue

timhebb
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:47 pm
Delivery Date: 29 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1262
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Porsche Panamera PHEV

Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:59 am

Some of those scenes look to have been filmed on Las Virgenes Rd./Malibu Canyon near the tunnel. I used Google maps to jog my memory and "street view" confirms there are utility poles/electric transmission lines strung overhead along that stretch as seen in the ad.

Dropped Pin
near Malibu Canyon Rd, Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area, Calabasas, CA 91302
http://goo.gl/maps/BbMG3

Would have to bet most of this ad was shot in California. Who knows what CGI wizardry may have been employed to enhance the imagery, though.
TH

User avatar
GIBBER
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:50 am
Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2013
Leaf Number: 409884
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Porsche Panamera PHEV

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Thanks, we at Porsche feel good about the Panamera e-hybrid. It has a larger battery and much more powerful motor than last the last gen (95hp/229 lb-ft) allowing this plug-in to travel electric only for about 22 miles at speeds of 80 Mph. It should be in showrooms first week of November.

LTLFTcomposite wrote:Didn't see a thread on the PP-PHEV so started this one... did anyone else see that commercial for it at halftime? The guy driving along the road with the power lines buzzing. Couldn't find it on youtube, it should show up soon. Anyway I thought it was pretty cool, even if they have only sold like 50 of the cars, these messages are starting to get out from sources recognized by the masses. I really think we're at the tipping point.
"You must unlearn what you have learned" -Yoda
200 Km Club

User avatar
LTLFTcomposite
Posts: 4367
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:06 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5926
Location: Boca Raton FL

Re: Porsche Panamera PHEV

Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:27 pm

GIBBER wrote:Thanks, we at Porsche feel good about the Panamera e-hybrid. It has a larger battery and much more powerful motor than last the last gen (95hp/229 lb-ft) allowing this plug-in to travel electric only for about 22 miles at speeds of 80 Mph. It should be in showrooms first week of November.

So Gibber, are you with a dealer or are you with volkswagen/porsche?

22 mile AER isn't anything to write home about, but progress is progress, and while that nasty old internal combustion engine won't win over many in these hallowed halls, anyone out there promoting a car with a plug is ok in my book. Plus any time someone grumbles about the back seat in the Volt only holding two people I point out that if it's good enough for the panamera it's good enough for me :lol:
LTL
White 2012 SV delivered 10 Dec 2011 returned 25 Nov 2014 replaced with stopgap ICE Sentra
[35 months] [35K miles] [9 Bars]
2013 Volt replaced after 36 months/30k miles with ICE Rogue

User avatar
GIBBER
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:50 am
Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2013
Leaf Number: 409884
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Porsche Panamera PHEV

Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:09 am

Hello LTL,
I'm a Porsche Service Advisor | E-Mobility Specialist (dealer) Thats the idea, baby steps right now. A lot of our Panamera owners drive 10-15 miles in a typical day so this will allow them to run weekly errands at zero emission so they can feel better about unleashing the full 416 Hp on the weekend. Look for Cayenne and upcoming Macan to both be offered with the same package.
LTLFTcomposite wrote:
GIBBER wrote:Thanks, we at Porsche feel good about the Panamera e-hybrid. It has a larger battery and much more powerful motor than last the last gen (95hp/229 lb-ft) allowing this plug-in to travel electric only for about 22 miles at speeds of 80 Mph. It should be in showrooms first week of November.

So Gibber, are you with a dealer or are you with volkswagen/porsche?

22 mile AER isn't anything to write home about, but progress is progress, and while that nasty old internal combustion engine won't win over many in these hallowed halls, anyone out there promoting a car with a plug is ok in my book. Plus any time someone grumbles about the back seat in the Volt only holding two people I point out that if it's good enough for the panamera it's good enough for me :lol:
"You must unlearn what you have learned" -Yoda
200 Km Club

srl99
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:04 am
Delivery Date: 16 Aug 2012

Re: Porsche Panamera PHEV

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:27 pm

Looking forward to seeing these in the carpool lane! (as long as it's not pushing me out of the way!)

User avatar
GIBBER
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:50 am
Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2013
Leaf Number: 409884
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Porsche Panamera PHEV

Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:47 pm

California qualification for HOV access is based on total battery capacity, the 9.4kWh pack in the Panamera won't qualify for the stickers so no worries about one in your rear view mirror...... yet.
srl99 wrote:Looking forward to seeing these in the carpool lane! (as long as it's not pushing me out of the way!)
"You must unlearn what you have learned" -Yoda
200 Km Club

User avatar
LTLFTcomposite
Posts: 4367
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:06 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5926
Location: Boca Raton FL

Re: Porsche Panamera PHEV

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Do they have a big speaker to make the engine noise when running on electric? I'm wondering how this will play with Porsche afficianados.
LTL
White 2012 SV delivered 10 Dec 2011 returned 25 Nov 2014 replaced with stopgap ICE Sentra
[35 months] [35K miles] [9 Bars]
2013 Volt replaced after 36 months/30k miles with ICE Rogue

User avatar
GIBBER
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:50 am
Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2013
Leaf Number: 409884
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Porsche Panamera PHEV

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:24 am

LOL, no LT there is no Gimmickry, just Porsche Intelligent Performance finding ways to improve everyday useability without compromising the driving experience.
LTLFTcomposite wrote:Do they have a big speaker to make the engine noise when running on electric? I'm wondering how this will play with Porsche afficianados.
"You must unlearn what you have learned" -Yoda
200 Km Club

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”