VOLT can't drive in carpool lane???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdub

The issue is that CARB performs its testing with the engine running – it has no electric-power-only test. When the Volt's engine runs, it emits 1.3 g/km, which puts it 0.3 grams beyond the allowance for a SULEV vehicle. What's more, since it can't get the PZEV (Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle) rating of the Prius and Leaf, it can't get carpool lane stickers in California. One of the biggest boons of buying a green car, at least in California, is the extra time you get to enjoy your life because you can use the carpool lane and don't need to haul around Frank and Bob from sales in order to to it.

Crazy!
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/28/carb-gives-the-chevy-volt-ulev-ii-status-misses-sulev-ii-by-a-h/

Sorry if this was post elsewhere....first time I heard about it... but man... that's gotta tick people off.

cdub said:
The issue is that CARB performs its testing with the engine running – it has no electric-power-only test. When the Volt's engine runs, it emits 1.3 g/km, which puts it 0.3 grams beyond the allowance for a SULEV vehicle. What's more, since it can't get the PZEV (Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle) rating of the Prius and Leaf, it can't get carpool lane stickers in California. One of the biggest boons of buying a green car, at least in California, is the extra time you get to enjoy your life because you can use the carpool lane and don't need to haul around Frank and Bob from sales in order to to it.

Crazy!
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/28/carb-gives-the-chevy-volt-ulev-ii-status-misses-sulev-ii-by-a-h/

Sorry if this was post elsewhere....first time I heard about it... but man... that's gotta tick people off.

I wouldn't call that crazy. I'd call it 'GM shooting for the wrong target and missing even THAT!'

None of the emission standards have changed in any way such that it's a surprise to GM. What IS a surprise is the amount of BS that GM was spreading about the Volt. The Volt isn't a bad car, but it's not what they wanted it to be and it's more expensive than it needs to be. Can anyone remember the revised Thunderbird that came with so much hype? They sold a very tiny number of them and the model was discontinued in something like a year. Oops! I think the Volt will have a s similarly short life-span.

Back