Volt advertisement during World Series

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yanquetino

I'm curious to know what forum members think of this new ad for the Volt:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXMq25FVROM[/youtube]

Meh. They've targeted that audience I guess.
The ad feels "lonely". And seems to highlight many aspects of America that don't mesh well with the future.
Namely, sprawling remote suburbs, gas stations and burning fossil fuels for the hell of it; because it's one of our "spontaneous acts freedom", for which our grandchildren will pay dearly.

... but when its going FAR, it's just like every other car on the road. I already have two cars that go FAR already! Nothing new about burning gas and polluting the air while going FAR. In the end Nissan is 100% serious about electrics and GM is only 40% serious. I'll go with Nissan for my daily driving.

BTW - What was that quick "Chevy Runs Deep" tag at the very end? Seems like a little wink at big oil or something.

And why is the Volt better than a Prius? I'd like to go "far" getting 50MPG than the estimated low 30's of the volt, even if the number is 38MPG, the Volt is 41K versus a 23K Prius. Nope, this doesn't convince me to chuck my Prius and plunk down 41K for a Volt, especially when I can convert my existing Prius to a PHEV and have the same or better EV range as a Volt, and when the pack is depleted, would you rather get 50MPG or 38MPG?

Even if you are getting rid of a guzzler, the Volt is still going to be compared to a Prius, which just celebrated it's 10th anniversary... Oh sign me up for the first release Volt for 18K more, that's a tough sell.

TRONZ said:
BTW - What was that quick "Chevy Runs Deep" tag at the very end? Seems like a little wink at big oil or something.
What message does the other tagline convey?

"It's More Car Than Electric"

Except the electric portion of the ride is rather short.
Why emphasize the the electric part when it is such a small portion of the range?
Why have the deception? More marginally false advertising from GM. JMHO

I think they would be better to talk about the day to day routine savings on electric only. Then the actor could get a phone call to go on a road trip (hot date) and volunteer to drive as the car can easily go the distance.

live in the past; deal with the consequences

or face reality and understand that during the good old days, we were in the process of screwing ourselves.

its sad that some companies simply refuse to learn from their mistakes

Back