GRA

Re: Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell

Tue May 02, 2017 5:23 pm

April U.S. Mirai sales per IEVS: 106 (417 YTD).
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

GRA

Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:54 pm

May U.S. Mirai sales per IEVS: 162 (579 YTD). The IEVS article has a mistake and says 305 YTD, which was the total at the end of March IIRR. Of note, the Clarity FCEV saw its leases jump to 119 in May (previous high 42 in January), so I think the word is spreading that it's a better car than the Mirai.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

GRA

Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:39 pm

Via IEVS: June U.S. Mirai sales per IEVS: 126 (705 YTD). IEVS says the total is 708, but either that or the 126 sold has to be an error, as the YTD total last month was 579. Update: Jay has corrected the Mirai's June sales total to 129, which comes out to 708.
Last edited by GRA on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cwerdna
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:42 pm

I still see these every now and then on the road. Saw on on the road yesterday. There seems to be at least two at my work: one a dark blue and the other's a lighter blue.

Helps that a hydrogen fueling station is just down the road from work.

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

GRA

Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:18 pm

cwerdna wrote:I still see these every now and then on the road. Saw on on the road yesterday. There seems to be at least two at my work: one a dark blue and the other's a lighter blue.

Helps that a hydrogen fueling station is just down the road from work.

I've started to see them a bit more often, although Clarity sightings still outnumber them, against all logic.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”