GRA

Re: Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:42 pm

Per IEVs, 110 Mirais were sold in February.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

GRA

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:24 pm

Per IEVS, 118 Mirais were sold in March, making 311 for the year.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

JasonA
Delivery Date: 04 May 2013

Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:44 am

I think I saw that many new X's being shipping to Burbank alone last week!! :lol:

Stay classy Hydrogen!! Stay classy.

Ohhh that's right! It's "the future" :roll:
2012 10kw Dual LQ cooled Brusa powered Leaf "Astro"
13kw Enphase System,SolarWorld Panels, QuickMountPV- ALL USA!!
2014 Rav4 "SuperRav"with JdeMO (CHAdeMO)
2015 MS-70D

DesertSprings
Delivery Date: 21 Dec 2014
Leaf Number: 319100

Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:47 am

Saw my first Mirai out and about this weekend. Was plastered with a vinyl wrap promoting hyrdogen.

GRA

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:48 pm

DesertSprings wrote:Saw my first Mirai out and about this weekend. Was plastered with a vinyl wrap promoting hyrdogen.

So, what did you think: uglier than a Gen 4 Prius, the same, or better looking? Currently I'm ranking them in descending order of looks as #1, Prius Prime; #2; Mirai; #3, Prius.

DesertSprings
Delivery Date: 21 Dec 2014
Leaf Number: 319100

Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:54 pm

I'm the wrong person to ask. I like the way the Leaf looks, ride a V-Strom, and used to own a VW Thing.

GRA

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:24 pm

DesertSprings wrote:I'm the wrong person to ask. I like the way the Leaf looks, ride a V-Strom, and used to own a VW Thing.

The Thing's a great example of form follows function - the looks were exactly suited to the requirements (of the WW2 German military originally, but also for civilians). The Jeep had the same total emphasis on utility, as did the Land Rover. For such vehicles style is essentially irrelevant.

TonyWilliams

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:29 am

Boom, boom, boom... Toyota changing course to EVs for regulatory compliance in China:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-autos ... SKBN17L1VC

finman100
Delivery Date: 06 Jun 2014

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:03 pm

Very interesting. Well, about time more like it. Maybe hydrogen will work on Mars? Nope, Elon will have that covered in Model 3s soon. First principles will bite you in the ass.

Good luck Toyota. Better accelerate that EV plan. You're behind. And with the H2 bulls#%t the past few years, you've essentially lost me as a customer who would have bought an all-EV Prius without even trying.

Similar to GM's EV1 crushing and all their anti-EV BS. Backing CT legislation to block Tesla comes to mind. (other states as well)

It all matters.

http://electrifyingtimes.com/ev1crush.html

https://electrek.co/2016/05/01/tesla-gm-direct-sales-connecticut/

https://electrek.co/2016/05/23/tesla-founder-marc-tarpenning-hydrogen-fuel-cells-scam/

http://evobsession.com/hydrogen-cars-vs-electric-cars-detailed-comparison-efficiency/

Let's see how fast you can be in bringing your car company up to speed with something that actually works.

PS yes, I know I'm Tesla biased. I see Tesla doing more for sustainable transport than most all "alt-fuel" companies combined. Big fan. Can't wait to see what Nissan has to compete. Or Toyota apparently.
Albany, Oregon
2014 Silver SV with charge/LED package. June 2014, I'm in the EV game!
30,200 miles
19.1 kWh on 100% charge (56ish Ah)
4.2 miles/kWh average
Best trip: all of 'em. They're all no-gas!

ydnas7

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:34 pm

finman100 wrote:Very interesting.....

PS yes, I know I'm Tesla biased. I see Tesla doing more for sustainable transport than most all "alt-fuel" companies combined. Big fan. Can't wait to see what Nissan has to compete. Or Toyota apparently.

Nissan is Nissan, they make money selling cheap cars where other companies lose money.
Nissan is Nissan, they lose money selling expensive cars, where other companies make money.

Nissan won't make a Tesla model 3 competitor, the Nissan will be significantly cheaper for 60kWh.
Tesla model 3 won't be a LEAF 2 competitor, The Tesla will have significantly more class than a Nissan.

Will Infiniti and Maxima lose sales to Tesla 3, yeah sure. But will Nissan Rogue lose sales to model 3? YOY, not likely.

Mitsubishi iMiEV was first, look at the arrows in its back.
Nissan LEAF was a first, then there were lots of wannbes (Focus EV, Golf EV, Spark EV, etc, etc,etc)
Tesla S was a first, and were still waiting for competitors to show up.
Tesla 3 will be a significant car, it will arrive where other companies make their profit
but
Nissan LEAF even LEAF 2, will not at the market where others make profit.

where is the F150 PHEV/EV?
where is the Corolla PHEV/EV?

Mirai ha ha ha

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”