WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Re: Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell

Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:33 am

GetOffYourGas wrote:
WetEV wrote:
GRA wrote:I do find it mildly amusing that I get accused of being a troll or anti-EV here once or twice a year on average,

This is a discussion forum for the Nissan LEAF EV. Huge numbers of posts on fuel cell EVs and assorted other off topic stuff is trolling.

But this is a thread for a Fuel Cell vehicle. If you only want to read about the Leaf or EVs, why do you ever click on this thread?

Because I made the mistake of responding to trolling. Sorry.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red

GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:05 am

First rule of the internet - don't feed the trolls.

Guilty as well.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

GRA

Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:27 pm

WetEV wrote:
GetOffYourGas wrote:
WetEV wrote:
This is a discussion forum for the Nissan LEAF EV. Huge numbers of posts on fuel cell EVs and assorted other off topic stuff is trolling.

But this is a thread for a Fuel Cell vehicle. If you only want to read about the Leaf or EVs, why do you ever click on this thread?

How exactly is posting info on or discussing FCEVs in the "Other Electric Cars and Plug-in hybrids" sub-forum trolling, as they are unquestionably EVs? Here's a common definition of trolling:
An Internet troll is a member of an online social community who deliberately tries to disrupt, attack, offend or generally cause trouble within the community by posting certain comments, photos, videos, GIFs or some other form of online content.

As for huge numbers of posts, the majority of my posts on these topics is due to my replying to you and others who are anti-FCEV/H2. If you find the volume of posts offensive, don't bother to reply to my posts and I won't have any need to reply to yours, thus eliminating maybe 2/3rds of the total. Or you could just not bother to read or ignore the topic altogether as GetOffYourGas suggests, which is by far the simplest solution and one that's totally under your control.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

Oils4AsphaultOnly
Delivery Date: 20 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 313890

Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:50 am

GRA wrote:
WetEV wrote:
GetOffYourGas wrote:

How exactly is posting info on or discussing FCEVs in the "Other Electric Cars and Plug-in hybrids" sub-forum trolling, as they are unquestionably EVs? Here's a common definition of trolling:
An Internet troll is a member of an online social community who deliberately tries to disrupt, attack, offend or generally cause trouble within the community by posting certain comments, photos, videos, GIFs or some other form of online content.

As for huge numbers of posts, the majority of my posts on these topics is due to my replying to you and others who are anti-FCEV/H2. If you find the volume of posts offensive, don't bother to reply to my posts and I won't have any need to reply to yours, thus eliminating maybe 2/3rds of the total. Or you could just not bother to read or ignore the topic altogether as GetOffYourGas suggests, which is by far the simplest solution and one that's totally under your control.

Agreed. GRA has been on-topic.
:: Model 3 LR :: acquired 9 May '18
:: Leaf S30 :: build date: Sep '16 :: purchased: Nov '16
Date - Miles / GIDs:
May '17 - 7300 mi / 363
Feb '18 - 20.5k mi / 333

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”