SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:46 am

lorenfb has an axe to grind. He has lost perspective.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
03/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/2018: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

Joe6pack
Delivery Date: 07 Oct 2012
Leaf Number: 025854

Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:30 pm

Oils4AsphaultOnly wrote:Wow, so much misinformation.

@ Joe6pack - Tesla owners aren't really helping deliver the cars, they're helping inform the new owners and engaging them while the staff is taking care of the actual delivery process: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/co ... eliveries/

If a porsche dealer ever got so busy that their staff was overwhelmed, and they were offered volunteer help, I think they wouldn't mind current owners engaging new owners while their staff gets their cars ready.

Not true. No way they let someone not trained in the product near a prospective customer as a matter of practice. I can say this as a Porsche owner and PCA member since 2009. Tesla on the other hand = amateur hour. But believe what you want to believe. Kool-aid drinkers always do.

Bottom line, Tesla is headed for a very hard fall. They are neither profitable nor cash flow positive. And that's after basically freezing Capex and pulling out all of the stops for September. It's all downhill from here. Tesla will not be able to repeat September. The demand just isn't there.

Elon stepping down (or being forcibly removed) and a capital raise along with competent leadership might save them.

This is the reality that you bagholders don't want to see.
2012 Leaf SL leased October 4th, 2012
Braselton, GA

Oils4AsphaultOnly
Delivery Date: 20 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 313890

Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:45 pm

lorenfb wrote:
Oils4AsphaultOnly wrote:If a porsche dealer ever got so busy that their staff was overwhelmed, and they were offered volunteer help, I think they wouldn't mind current owners engaging new owners while their staff gets their cars ready.

You're joking, right?

no, i'm not. i had an open invitation by my local nissan dealership to help share my experience as an owner with prospective buyers. when the dealership is motivated, a sale is a sale, regardless of how they get help (as long as i don't get compensation to avoid issues with state bird-dog laws).

lorenfb wrote:
Oils4AsphaultOnly wrote:@ lorenfb - The $50k Tesla is taken sales away from more than BMW / Audi / MB. People are trading in their $25k+ vehicles (civic, accord, prius) for a $50k one: https://www.autoblog.com/2018/08/02/tes ... trade-ins/

So what! That's a very small percentage of Tesla's delivery backlog, i.e. trade-ins.

it's relevant as an indicator of where the buyer is coming from, and the type of cars they've bought before.

lorenfb wrote:
Oils4AsphaultOnly wrote:For the high mileage drivers, it's simple math. With gas at $4/gal (and rising), after 5 years (18k miles per year), a $50k Tesla costs the same as a $30k accord.

Really? That's why ICEV sales are down significantly versus a huge increase in BEV sales, right? NOT! The consumer ALWAYS makes a purchase
based on only operating cost, right? Hopefully, you're not involved in automotive strategic marketing!

non-sequitor, so no comment.

lorenfb wrote:
Oils4AsphaultOnly wrote:As for Elon Musk's tweets. Yeah, those were inexcusable. But as a shareholder, given a choice between an erratic and brilliant CEO or a calm and rational one, I might have to flip a coin. There's no doubting the results of the company, and that's what an investment should be made on. Unless there's another company with a more sane CEO who also carries the mission to transition us to a sustainable energy future, I don't really have a choice on where to put my money.

So you bought Tesla yesterday on the big down move, right? Elon Musk, another Steve Jobs or really a mental case of John Sculley?

nope, i'm out of excess cash. i bought at 340, when the go-private plans were announced, so i'm suffering. but i also had bought some during the solar city brouhaha, so i'm still net positive. As i said, it's a tough path as a TSLA investor, but they're the only company on this mission.

besides, i see light at the end of the tunnel, as q3 is looking to be the first of many profitable quarters: https://mobile.twitter.com/gerberkawasa ... 3749875712
:: Model 3 LR :: acquired 9 May '18
:: Leaf S30 :: build date: Sep '16 :: purchased: Nov '16
Date - Miles / GIDs:
May '17 - 7300 mi / 363
Feb '18 - 20.5k mi / 333

Oils4AsphaultOnly

Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:56 pm

Joe6pack wrote:

@ Joe6pack - Tesla owners aren't really helping deliver the cars, they're helping inform the new owners and engaging them while the staff is taking care of the actual delivery process: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/co ... eliveries/

If a porsche dealer ever got so busy that their staff was overwhelmed, and they were offered volunteer help, I think they wouldn't mind current owners engaging new owners while their staff gets their cars ready.

Not true. No way they let someone not trained in the product near a prospective customer as a matter of practice. I can say this as a Porsche owner and PCA member since 2009. Tesla on the other hand = amateur hour. But believe what you want to believe. Kool-aid drinkers always do.

Bottom line, Tesla is headed for a very hard fall. They are neither profitable nor cash flow positive. And that's after basically freezing Capex and pulling out all of the stops for September. It's all downhill from here. Tesla will not be able to repeat September. The demand just isn't there.

Elon stepping down (or being forcibly removed) and a capital raise along with competent leadership might save them.

says the guy who doesn't know more about the car than the salesmen!

i'm sure porsche tries really hard to make sure their sales staff are fully educated, but go to any audi or VW dealership, and you'll see how uninformed some of them REALLY are. oh, and don't put down a deposit for a 911 GT3, you might not get it back: http://www.thedrive.com/news/23576/a-vp ... r-deposits

my point is that owners can be a valuable asset. don't trivialize them with your own misconceptions.
Date - Miles / GIDs:
May '17 - 7300 mi / 363
Feb '18 - 20.5k mi / 333

Joe6pack

Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:58 pm

Here you go bagholders. Get out while you can. A dilutive capital raise has to happen. Why continue to take this risk? Because you believe in the mission? You can believe in the mission without leaving yourself in the poorhouse.

Trust me, your pittance isn't going to make a difference in this fiasco.

Check out @CGasparino’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/CGasparino/status/1 ... 79936?s=09
Braselton, GA

Joe6pack

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:00 pm

Oils4AsphaultOnly wrote:
Joe6pack wrote:

says the guy who doesn't know more about the car than the salesmen!

i'm sure porsche tries really hard to make sure their sales staff are fully educated, but go to any audi or VW dealership, and you'll see how uninformed some of them REALLY are. oh, and don't put down a deposit for a 911 GT3, you might not get it back: http://www.thedrive.com/news/23576/a-vp ... r-deposits

my point is that owners can be a valuable asset. don't trivialize them with your own misconceptions.

See you at the bottom.
Braselton, GA

Oils4AsphaultOnly

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:04 pm

Joe6pack wrote:Here you go bagholders. Get out while you can. A dilutive capital raise has to happen. Why continue to take this risk? Because you believe in the mission? You can believe in the mission without leaving yourself in the poorhouse.

Trust me, your pittance isn't going to make a difference in this fiasco.

Check out @CGasparino’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/CGasparino/status/1 ... 79936?s=09

You're listing to the wrong people. You're drawing the wrong conclusions, because you're getting bad advice.
Date - Miles / GIDs:
May '17 - 7300 mi / 363
Feb '18 - 20.5k mi / 333

Joe6pack

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:28 pm

Oils4AsphaultOnly wrote:
You're listing to the wrong people. You're drawing the wrong conclusions, because you're getting bad advice.

Oh, you're right. I should be listening to Elon:

Full Self Driving
Alien drednaught
Battery swapping

And, my personal favorite

Funding Secured!
Braselton, GA

Oils4AsphaultOnly

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:36 pm

Joe6pack wrote:
Oils4AsphaultOnly wrote:

Oh, you're right. I should be listening to Elon:

Full Self Driving
Alien drednaught
Battery swapping

And, my personal favorite

Funding Secured!

No, you should be listening to Ron Barron, Ross Gerber, etc. You know, people who actually made money and have been right about TSLA?
Date - Miles / GIDs:
May '17 - 7300 mi / 363
Feb '18 - 20.5k mi / 333

Joe6pack

Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:38 pm

Oh well, you were warned.