Re: TSLA corporate outlook

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:16 pm

Man: Here's one-
Cart-master: Ninepence.
Old Man: (feebly) I'm not dead!
Cart-master: (suprised) What?
Man: Nothing! Here's your ninepence....
Old Man: I'm not dead!
Cart-master: 'Ere! 'E says 'e's not dead!
Man: Yes he is.
Old Man: I'm not!
Cart-master: 'E isn't?
Man: Well... he will be soon-- he's very ill...
Old Man: I'm getting better!
Man: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
Cart-master: I can't take 'im like that! It's against regulations!
Old Man: I don't want to go on the cart....
Man: Oh, don't be such a baby.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:24 pm

Data from the Model 3 invites spreadsheet

https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/da ... heet.5678/

Data posted above seems to indicate model 3 production and deliveries this year are so far are at a fraction of the 1,000 per week rate TSLA claimed for late December 2017.

Nikkei AR delivers TSLA quite a beating, downright snide in tone in some parts of the article not quoted below:

Tesla production delays raise doubts on its finances

Another production setback for Tesla involving its new electric sedan is drawing unwelcome attention to the company's shaky finances...

With market concerns growing, a further delay in the delivery of the mass-market Model 3 could threaten the loss-making Silicon Valley automaker's ability to secure needed funds from capital markets and lenders.

On Jan. 3, Tesla said it would reach its target pace of cranking out 5,000 Model 3 units weekly in by the end of the April-June quarter, later than the previous goal of the end of 2017. The announcement marked a second such delay.

The delay prompted sudden scrutiny of the company's financial state, which a finance executive at a Japanese peer described as "unusual for an automaker."...

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Compan ... s-finances
no condition is permanent

jlv
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:06 pm

edatoakrun wrote:

Data posted above seems to indicate model 3 production and deliveries this year are so far are at a fraction of the 1,000 per week rate TSLA claimed for late December 2017.

Or, they indicate that not many people update the spreadsheet posted at m3oc. My update went to the one hosted at tmc (which is different).
LEAF '13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17, sold 11/18) 34K mi, AHr 58, SOH 87%
Tesla S 75D (3/17) 29K mi
Tesla X 100D (ordered, 12/18 delivery) (replaced 3 reservation)

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:32 pm

jlv wrote:
edatoakrun wrote:

Or, they indicate that not many people update the spreadsheet posted at m3oc. My update went to the one hosted at tmc (which is different).

If you're referring to the spreadsheet discussed in the thread below, they are the same.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads ... et.104996/

The link I posted presents data from that spreadsheet giving useful information about rates of production and deliveries.

And also some very optimistic (IMO) future projections...
no condition is permanent

EatsShootsandLeafs
Delivery Date: 24 Aug 2012

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:04 pm

edatoakrun, does it bother you that Tesla hasn't gone bankrupt yet?

LTLFTcomposite
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5926

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:14 pm

Any guesses on what Apple is going to do with that quarter of a trillion dollars they're repatriating? I can't imagine being short with that kind of cash sloshing around silicon valley... It's going to go from crazy to insane.
LTL
White 2012 SV delivered 10 Dec 2011 returned 25 Nov 2014 replaced with stopgap ICE Sentra
[35 months] [35K miles] [9 Bars]
2013 Volt replaced after 36 months/30k miles with ICE Rogue
2016 SV-adjacent May 2016 lost 4th bar March 2018

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:03 pm

LTLFTcomposite wrote:Any guesses on what Apple is going to do with that quarter of a trillion dollars they're repatriating? I can't imagine being short with that kind of cash sloshing around silicon valley... It's going to go from crazy to insane.

I'd imagine more acquisitions, data centers and that second campus, for starters? I kind of doubt the spending would be mostly in Silicon Valley.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:39 am

LTLFTcomposite wrote:Any guesses on what Apple is going to do with that quarter of a trillion dollars they're repatriating? I can't imagine being short with that kind of cash sloshing around silicon valley... It's going to go from crazy to insane.

I'd guess mostly to repurchase stock and/or a dividend increase.

Who is going to buy all the T-bills Apple is going to be selling to raise this cash?
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red

webb14leafs
Delivery Date: 27 Mar 2017

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:12 am

Can we keep this really simple with the following comment:

Not being able to meet demand is a VERY GOOD PROBLEM.

Tesla is on track to EASILY sell over 350,000 cars per year within the next 6-12 months. This is not debatable. We can debate whether it's closer to 6 or 12, but you cannot debate IF it will happen. Well, you CAN, but it would be stupid.

I understand some people love to hate, but it's reaching ridiculous proportions. Tesla's outlook is excellent. They will not be purchased. Don't get hung up on Market Cap, or stock price, or PE ratio, or any comparison of fundamentals to other car manufacturers, or current cash burn. Bottom line is you have a company that DOMINATES a nascent market when it comes to demand. GM can have their 20-30K Bolts per year. Tesla will achieve 10X that while still Ramping Up production.

LTLFTcomposite
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5926

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:54 am

cwerdna wrote:

I'd imagine more acquisitions, data centers and that second campus, for starters? I kind of doubt the spending would be mostly in Silicon Valley.

My point exactly. I question whether there are actually enough opportunities to invest such a large amount without branching out into entirely new lines of business. I know the idea of Apple buying Tesla has been kicked around a lot and dismissed by many, but the Trump tax cuts have changed the game - there is now a huge amount of capital looking for a home, and the world only needs so many iTunes servers. We know they were pursuing an Apple-car project, the Titan thing, but near as I can tell that fell apart because starting a car company really isn't as easy as some would have you believe. Recruiting the right resources, design, engineering, testing, marketing, manufacturing - you can't put nine women on that and have a baby in a month, even with all the money in the world it's probably a decade to get that to scale.
LTL
White 2012 SV delivered 10 Dec 2011 returned 25 Nov 2014 replaced with stopgap ICE Sentra
[35 months] [35K miles] [9 Bars]
2013 Volt replaced after 36 months/30k miles with ICE Rogue
2016 SV-adjacent May 2016 lost 4th bar March 2018

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”