EVDRIVER

Re: TSLA corporate outlook

Tue May 22, 2018 4:19 pm

edatoakrun wrote:I've reported recent moderator activity on this thread, as quoted below.

If any of your comments have been deleted or altered recently, I'd suggest you report that also.

Please review moderator activity on this thread.

One of my comments on this thread disappeared a few days ago.

When I asked for an explanation, "EVDRIVER" indicated he had deleted my post by accident, and another of my posts had been added to (NOT in bold type, as claimed) and then mis-quoted in this altered form by "EVDRIVER".

When I posted a request for an correction, nothing happened until today, when all of the multiple posts by many forum members made from late on 5/17 to early 5/22, including "EVDRIVER"'s explanation for how he had deleted my post by accident and my altered posts, had all disappeared.

Is it too much to ask that the content we contribute to this forum not be altered or destroyed by a moderator's errors?

EVDRIVER wrote:You are not crazy, the buttons on your CP are different than mine (edit and quote next to each other) and rarely when quoted it can come up as an edit on accident, for some reason the edit intended as a quote goes bold once submitted indicating the edit. Nothing on your post was intentionally put into bold. The edit is my reply, In my panel it looks like a reply quote. It should read like the post below. Again, if you have an issue with a post PM a mod and it can be looked into or resolved. This is a simple misquote error. Sorry.

You should also reply in a separate post as it appears you edited your post making it confusing to understand and resolve the original issue. FYI

No persons posts are being intentionally deleted. Any moderator on this forum at some time or another has hit the edit button or delete button on accident, it has been discussed here before long ago and it is easy to do. If you have an issue with one of your posts then report it but please do not report issues with a post is not yours as the issue has already been explained. Let me make it really clear Ed, no Mod should EVER delete a post or EDIT a post for any reason other than extreme violations of forum rules. If this happens to one of your posts then report it and it will be addressed. There is a Mod log and there is no conspiracy or foul play or intentional deletion of your posts or any others. If you feel something important you posted is missing please post it below, I assure you it will remain there with all your other posts to see.

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Tue May 22, 2018 4:48 pm

I just received this notification RE my report:

Report closed by EVDRIVER for: "Re: TSLA corporate outlook"

Tue May 22, 2018 4:11 pm

So, ~5 days worth of posts on this thread (and at least one other post, previous) were wiped out, and EVDRIVER refuses to explain how it happened, or take any responsibility?

Is that really the way moderators should conduct themselves?

EVDRIVER wrote:...If you feel something important you posted is missing please post it below, I assure you it will remain there with all your other posts to see.

Why don't you repost all of your deleted comments from that period?

Most of them were quoting me (often inaccurately) IIRC...
Last edited by edatoakrun on Tue May 22, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no condition is permanent

EVDRIVER

Tue May 22, 2018 4:54 pm

edatoakrun wrote:I just received this notification RE my report:

So, ~5 days worth of posts on this thread (and at least one other post, previous) were wiped out, and EVDRIVER refuses to explain how it happened, or take any responsibility?

Ed, please read the explanation above it is very clear, if it is not clear to you send me or another mod a PM with specifics. I already mentioned a few instances, even replying to this quickly I hit edit on accident. I also see in the mod log that YOU deleted a post- let me know if this is NOT accurate, some content has been removed from the log post before I listed it below. Please send a PM as this does not belong in the tread, I'm glad to show you the entire mod log for your user ID.

edatoakrun Fri May 11, 2018 3:50 pm Deleted post “Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread” written by “edatoakrun” for the following reason
»
View topic | View topic log | View forum

edatoakrun

Tue May 22, 2018 5:05 pm

EVDRIVER wrote:
edatoakrun wrote:I just received this notification RE my report:

Ed, please read the explanation above it is very clear...

No, it's not "very clear".

And as a matter of fact, it does not contain an "explanation" for the mass-deletion of posts, at all.

edatoakrun

Thu May 24, 2018 10:53 am

Any competent moderators out there?

Please look into this situation.

No response received to my PM sent yesterday:

...Are you still a moderator at MNL?

Are you (and is MNL management) aware, that "EVDRIVER" has not only still been editing and deleting multiple posts by forum members, but that yesterday he apparently deleted an entire five days worth of posts, perhaps ten to fifteen comments from numerous members (IIRC) from this thread, for no rational reason?

TSLA corporate outlook

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20321&start=960

Please see my detailed comments, and "EVDRIVER"'s less-than-coherent responses, there.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Thu May 24, 2018 11:38 am

^^^
If you haven't already, in the future, you may wish to submit pages where you've submitted replies to https://archive.org/web/ (under Save Page Now), so that you can have proof of revisionist history, if that's happening.

I started http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=9553 long ago to remind folks to submit pages there since sites and pages can change or go away.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

lorenfb
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635

Thu May 24, 2018 2:40 pm

Isn't interesting how this forum has changed, since I joined (4.5 yrs ago), such that negative posts about Tesla result in one being
considered a troll and monitored by moderators, but denigrating Nissan and the Leaf is now accepted as the norm?

As some might say, it happens!
Leaf SL MY 9/13: 66K miles, 50 Ahrs, 5.2 miles/kWh (average), Hx=70, SOH=78, L2 charges to 100% > 1000, max battery temp < 95F (35C), min discharge point > 20 Ahrs

edatoakrun

Sat May 26, 2018 12:26 pm

lorenfb wrote:Isn't interesting how this forum has changed, since I joined (4.5 yrs ago), such that negative posts about Tesla result in one being
considered a troll and monitored by moderators...

TSLA actually infiltrated this forum from the beginning and has always tried to enforce the one true faith.

The main difference today, is that MNL moderator(s?) now seem to feel free to exhibit low standards of personal behavior and join in the diarrheal flow of comments directed against anyone who takes the rational position on TSLA:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=25219&start=210#p528257

And speaking of TSLA and low standards of personal behavior, the growing realization of the similarities between Trumpism and Muskism has been attracting a lot of comments lately:

Elon Musk, the Donald of Silicon Valley

By Bret Stephens
Opinion Columnist

He is prone to unhinged Twitter eruptions. He can’t handle criticism. He scolds the news media for its purported dishonesty and threatens to create a Soviet-like apparatus to keep tabs on it. He suckers people to fork over cash in exchange for promises he hasn’t kept. He’s a billionaire whose business flirts with bankruptcy. He’s sold himself as an establishment-crushing iconoclast when he’s really little more than an unusually accomplished B.S. artist. His legions of devotees are fanatics and, let’s face it, a bit stupid.

I speak of Tesla chief executive Elon Musk, the Donald Trump of Silicon Valley...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/25/opin ... tesla.html

Take the quiz!

Quiz: Who said it - Donald Trump or Elon Musk?

Can you match these quotes to the man who said them – the president of the US, or the CEO of SpaceX and Tesla?

Martin Belam

One is an isolated cartoon supervillain-style billionaire figure making increasingly grand and outlandish pronouncements on everything from space, climate change, and fake media, to the future of mankind itself. And the other is Elon Musk.

But can you tell what the increasingly quirky Musk has been saying from what Donald Trump has been saying. Take our quiz and find out ...

Who said it - Donald Trump or Elon Musk?...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -elon-musk

LTLFTcomposite
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5926

Sat May 26, 2018 7:23 pm

Musk and Trump have so much in common it's scary... in a good way.

Different topic, flying in equipment to get M3 production to 6000 units/week? Interesting.
LTL
White 2012 SV delivered 10 Dec 2011 returned 25 Nov 2014 replaced with stopgap ICE Sentra
[35 months] [35K miles] [9 Bars]
2013 Volt replaced after 36 months/30k miles with ICE Rogue
2016 SV-adjacent May 2016 lost 4th bar March 2018

edatoakrun

Sat May 26, 2018 7:46 pm

LTLFTcomposite wrote:
...Different topic, flying in equipment to get M3 production to 6000 units/week? Interesting.

And expensive.

For a company like TSLA, already losing ~$ eight figures each week, spending about that much more (?) to try to quickly patch over management errors probably doesn't seem like any big deal...

Exclusive: Tesla flies in new battery production line for Gigafactory

FRANKFURT/SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Tesla Inc has flown six planes full of robots and equipment from Europe to California in an unusual, high-stakes effort to speed up battery production for its Model 3 electric sedan, people familiar with the matter told Reuters this week.

Transporting equipment for a production line by air is costly and hardly ever done in the automotive industry, and the move underscores Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk’s urgency to get a grip on manufacturing problems that have hobbled the launch of the high-volume Model 3 and pushed Tesla’s finances deep into the red.

“As usual with Tesla, everything is being done in a massive hurry and money seems to be no obstacle,” said one of the two sources.

Tesla on Friday declined to comment on whether it has shipped in any new production equipment from Europe.

Investors are closely watching Tesla and its high-profile, often brash CEO to see if the upstart electric vehicle maker can pull off high-volume production of the Model 3, a car with the potential to catapult the niche automaker to a mass producer and assure its financial stability.

But manufacturing missteps have led Tesla to repeatedly miss production targets for the sedan, and raised doubts about Musk’s promises that the company will stop burning cash by the third quarter of this year. Tesla had free cash flow of negative $1 billion in the first quarter, and earlier this month disclosed that it could offer its Fremont, California, vehicle assembly plant as collateral for debt...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesl ... SKCN1IQ2RN

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”