cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Re: TSLA corporate outlook

Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:13 pm

Exclusive: Tesla's delivery team gutted in recent job cuts - sources
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesl ... SKCN1PY00J
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - When Tesla Inc announced last month a second round of job cuts to rein in costs, one crucial department was particularly badly hit. The automaker more than halved the division that delivers its electric vehicles to North American customers, two of the laid-off workers said.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

webeleafowners
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015

Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:37 am

cwerdna wrote:Exclusive: Tesla's delivery team gutted in recent job cuts - sources
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - When Tesla Inc announced last month a second round of job cuts to rein in costs, one crucial department was particularly badly hit. The automaker more than halved the division that delivers its electric vehicles to North American customers, two of the laid-off workers said.

Kinda makes sense. With the vast majority of product being shipped overseas for the next few months the staff would be standing around twiddling their thumbs. Seems wise.
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

lorenfb
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635

Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:45 am

webeleafowners wrote:
cwerdna wrote:Exclusive: Tesla's delivery team gutted in recent job cuts - sources

Kinda makes sense. With the vast majority of product being shipped overseas for the next few months the staff would be standing around twiddling their thumbs. Seems wise.

The missed key point is that the M3 sales have now significantly declined, i.e. the demand for the $45K+ M3 has reached a low quiescent
point in the U.S.
#1 Leaf SL MY 9/13: 74K miles, 48 Ahrs, 5.2 miles/kWh (average), Hx=70, SOH=78, L2 - 100% > 1000, temp < 95F (35C), min discharge (DOD) > 20 Ahrs
#2 Leaf SL MY 12/18: 115 Ahrs, 5.5 miles/kWh (average), Hx=98, SOH=99, DOD > 25%, temp < 105F

Leaf15
Delivery Date: 09 Jun 2018

Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Simply look at the Tesla ownership distribution around the world to understand 85% of Tesla's sells is in US. If there is a low demand in US - it is very, very bad news.
Leaf 2015 SV CPO traded for 2019 Hyundai Ionic Limited

EVDRIVER

Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:48 pm

lorenfb wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:

The missed key point is that the M3 sales have now significantly declined, i.e. the demand for the $45K+ M3 has reached a low quiescent
point in the U.S.

No kidding. There was a backlog of deliveries, every person with a brain knew this would happen. These stupid headlines are click bait and fear mongering from the same sources, over and over. Did anyone think Tesla did not expect, know, and anticipate this? Let's see where we are in 2 years, we know you will be driving your LEAF and cherry picking these headlines. The majority of traffic on MNL is the Tesla thread and regurgitation of related FUD, that says something. Keep on trolling...... as usual.

lorenfb

Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:39 pm

EVDRIVER wrote:
lorenfb wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:

point in the U.S.

No kidding. There was a backlog of deliveries, every person with a brain knew this would happen. These stupid headlines are click bait and fear mongering from the same sources, over and over. Did anyone think Tesla did not expect, know, and anticipate this? Let's see where we are in 2 years, we know you will be driving your LEAF and cherry picking these headlines. The majority of traffic on MNL is the Tesla thread and regurgitation of related FUD, that says something. Keep on trolling...... as usual.

Maybe visit some Tesla delivery/processing centers or storage lots and take a look at all the M3s just sitting there, e.g. here in SoCal in
Marina Del Rey on Culver Blvd, probably at least 30/40 for over a month.
#1 Leaf SL MY 9/13: 74K miles, 48 Ahrs, 5.2 miles/kWh (average), Hx=70, SOH=78, L2 - 100% > 1000, temp < 95F (35C), min discharge (DOD) > 20 Ahrs
#2 Leaf SL MY 12/18: 115 Ahrs, 5.5 miles/kWh (average), Hx=98, SOH=99, DOD > 25%, temp < 105F

EVDRIVER

Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:11 pm

lorenfb wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote:
lorenfb wrote:
point in the U.S.

Maybe visit some Tesla delivery/processing centers or storage lots and take a look at all the M3s just sitting there, e.g. here in SoCal in

I don't need to as I am aware of inventory of AWD3s. What is the point? Seems all car makers have mass inventory this year, what is the point?
So what? What are you proving exactly? That there is inventory, I would expect that and that sales of the higher priced models to drop sharply particularly in winter.

lorenfb

Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:43 pm

EVDRIVER wrote:
lorenfb wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote:

I don't need to as I am aware of inventory of AWD3s. What is the point? Seems all car makers have mass inventory this year, what is the point?
So what? What are you proving exactly? That there is inventory, I would expect that and that sales of the higher priced models to drop sharply particularly in winter.

Good, we now agree, i.e. product inventory occurs when supply exceeds demand. A simple lesson in microeconomics that Elon will become
more aware of in Q1 of 2019, which generally occurs when a company has the wrong product mix for consumer preferences.

Leaf15
Delivery Date: 09 Jun 2018

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:15 am

lorenfb wrote:Good, we now agree, i.e. product inventory occurs when supply exceeds demand. A simple lesson in microeconomics that Elon will become
more aware of in Q1 of 2019, which generally occurs when a company has the wrong product mix for consumer preferences.

Exactly right, no need to defend this general rule of business. When you have product in demand you do not sit on pile of unsold ones in inventory, specifically when you need cash ASAP.
Leaf 2015 SV CPO traded for 2019 Hyundai Ionic Limited

palmermd
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:50 am

I've been driving past my local Chevrolet dealership for years, and the lot is always completely full. It must be because they are not selling any cars. Otherwise the lot would be empty by now. I have no idea how they are still in business.
Michael

Leaf from 31 March 2011 - Traded 18 April 2018 for Tesla Model 3 Unicorn
Driving electric since 1996

Leaf Bar Loss

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”