PSA Drops CHAdeMO And Joins CCS Combo for Future EVs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

Via IEVS: http://insideevs.com/psa-drops-chademo-and-joins-ccs-combo-for-future-evs/

PSA brands (Peugeot and Citroën) recently announced a massive push into plug-in vehicles – four new electric and seven new plug-in hybrids cars, scheduled for 2019 – 2021, Now the question is what standard of fast charging will be utilized.

Previously, all PSA plug-ins used CHAdeMO DC fast charging:

in both its Peugeot iOn and Citroën C-Zero (re-badged Mitsubishi i-MiEVs)
in light commercial vehicles Peugeot Partner Electric and Citroën Berlingo Electric
But times changes, and more manufacturers (especially Euro-based ones) join CCS Combo every year. . . .

Another defection to CCS doesn’t sound too good for CHAdeMO-backers Nissan and Mitsubishi Nissan.
Pretty much what I expected. With no major technical advantage either way between CHAdeMO and CCS (at the moment, the CCS standard allows for higher current although I don't think anyone's using it yet), manufacturers are going with the one that's cheaper to buy and install, and takes up less real estate on the car.

Back