rmay635703

Re: Nissan's e-Power range-extended Note BEV, for sale by 11/16 in Japan?

Tue May 02, 2017 6:40 pm

edatoakrun wrote:The Note is still outselling the Prius:

Safer and lower emission cars boosted Nissan sales in Japan

...in the first quarter of the year, the Nissan Note jumped from 5th to first place – beating the Toyota Prius – and the Nissan Serena went from 10th to 5th – not very distant from the 4th.

Truth to be said, both the e-Power system and the ProPILOT technology are just small steps in the right direction of a zero-emissions, zero-fatality mobility....

http://pushevs.com/2017/05/01/safer-low ... les-japan/

edatoakrun wrote:...Any one else interested in a semi-autonomous Nissan truck or SUV equipped with e-Power and a ~30 kWh battery pack?

I want a 4wd truck, no need for an on-board charger.

Hmm lower price and better acceleration, go figure

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Re: Nissan's e-Power range-extended Note BEV, for sale by 11/16 in Japan?

Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:38 pm

Seems to be available in New Zealand, aftermarket import or used?

Maybe a small surprise in the LEAF gen 2 we get will be ( at ~1.40) the smart rear view mirror?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hn4EtZhymQ
no condition is permanent

edatoakrun

Re: Nissan's e-Power Note series hybrid ICEV

Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:00 am

Has anyone else noticed that there is a hell of a lot of empty space under the 2018 LEAF's hood, if you just remove the 12 V battery?

IMO, It would be a welcome surprise if Nissan was also to announced at the Tokyo show an optional e-POWER generator AND a ~40 kWh pack in the upcoming LEAF-based SUV.

Anyway, it could be more likely Nissan will introduce e-POWER in the USA in the Serena, rather than the Note.

Nissan introducing second non-plug-in e-POWER series-hybrid model: Serena e-POWER

24 October 2017

Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. will unveil the Nissan Serena e-POWER, a new version of the popular minivan featuring the company’s e-POWER electric drive system (earlier post), at this year’s Tokyo Motor Show. The Serena e-POWER will be Nissan’s second model to feature the technology.

e-POWER borrows from the EV technology in the Nissan LEAF. Unlike the all-battery-electric powertrain of the LEAF, e-POWER adds a small gasoline engine to charge the small, high-output battery when necessary, eliminating the need for an external charger while offering the same high-output...

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2017/10 ... erena.html

Press release:

https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/rele ... 71024-01-e

rmay635703

Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:32 am

edatoakrun wrote:Has anyone else noticed that there is a hell of a lot of empty space under the 2018 LEAF's hood, if you just remove the 12 V battery?

IMO, It would be a welcome surprise if Nissan was also to announced at the Tokyo show an optional e-POWER generator AND a ~40 kWh pack in the upcoming LEAF-based SUV

https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/rele ... 71024-01-e

I think we can all agree on that,
All current PHEVs either optimize for range -or- fuel economy

if they optimize for great fuel economy and good range they will have a winner.

Long range BEV SUVs currently don't make any economical or resource sense at the moment
but a good stopgap is a BEV + a simple, small, efficient genset to get the SUV buying public a logical option to enter the electrified future

edatoakrun

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:13 pm

Interesting...

NISSAN'S Z-CAR FUTURE COULD BE IN JEOPARDY

If you, like us, are waiting for a replacement to the aging 370Z, you might want to brace yourself.

Talking to CarAdvice, Nissan's chief planning officer Philipe Klein has admitted that while there is "a lot of passion behind this vehicle... at the same time it is a segment that is gradually declining, making the case more difficult.

"We have no intention to quit excitement, but we're going to make it happen in different ways."...

CarAdvice quotes Hideyuki Sakamoto, the executive vice president of product engineering for Nissan, as saying: "GT-R and Z cars are our symbol so we want to launch a new vehicle. We are now studying utilisation of e-power to create more aggression."...

http://www.autocar.co.nz/autocar-news-a ... n-jeopardy

I think the e-power + battery pack works primarily as a AWD truck/SUV drive-train, but it could save a lot of development costs to also drop it into a low-volume GT.

cwerdna
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:43 am

I saw this at Tokyo Motor Show and Nissan HQ in Yokohama. Was surprised that it has the same basic gearshift mechanism as the Leaf. See https://www3.nissan.co.jp/vehicles/new/ ... erior.html.

I guess that's one way to help get economies of scale on the Leaf's shifter. Also, notice the steering wheel's similarity to 2018 Leaf.

A minivan (Serena e-Power) was also introduced at TMS: https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/releases/171024-01-e.

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

edatoakrun

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:00 am

NISSAN VERSA NOTE PLUG-IN MAY GET ADDED TO THE U.S. LINEUP

Is Nissan moving forward with plans to juice its lineup of electrified vehicles in the U.S.?

New spy photos show the Versa Note e-Power hybrid undergoing road tests in Michigan alongside a Japan-market, right-hand-drive Note e-Power, a Toyota Prius C and a BMW i3.

The Note e-Power has a series hybrid propulsion system similar to that of the Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid. The 1.2-liter 3-cylinder engine isn't connected to the wheels, but charges an internal battery pack powering an electric motor...

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/rumormill/g ... z4z5fFvvIf

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 pm

I see nothing there to indicate anything other than the website not understanding that the Note E-Power isn't a plugin hybrid.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

jjeff
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 422121

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:44 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:I see nothing there to indicate anything other than the website not understanding that the Note E-Power isn't a plugin hybrid.

Headline of article:
"Nissan Versa Note plug-in may get added to the U.S. lineup"
Later they say:
"But unlike the Volt, the Note e-Power forgoes plug-in charging; it relies solely on the gasoline engine to charge and power the electric motor"
What F'in morons :roll:
Oh and whats up with that, no plug in.....whats the point of a vehicle like that? I mean I can understand something like a Prius hybrid, great MPG on gas and extra HP with it's small electric motor and battery. I can also understand something like a PIP, Prime or Volt, plug in for the first miles in pure EV, no gas consumption. What I don't understand is why go through the losses of having a gas generator charge a battery and not being able to recharge the battery off the grid, I just don't understand the point!
I looked but didn't see anything about the size of the battery, I wonder if it's tiny like a regular Prius, therefore they'd have little to gain by plugging it in......if so I can't believe it would approach the MPG of something like a direct drive(ICE to wheels) Prius, got to be losses in having a gas engine just charge a battery and then having the battery power the engine. Sure the Volt is that way, but I always thought that explained the Volt's so-so gas only mileage.
2012 SL purchased used 2/'16
2013 S w/QC purchased new
Juicebox Premium 60a L1/L2 EVSE, Ebusbar 16a L1/L2 EVSE
'12 EVSEupgrade'd 20a L1/L2 EVSE, '13 EVSEupgrade'd adjustable 6-20a L2, 6-13a L1 EVSE
Zencar 13, 20, 30a L1/L2 portable EVSE
GE Durastation 30a

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:05 pm

The Prius PHEV gets better fuel economy then the regular Prius even if never charged externally - the larger capacity of the battery allows for more energy storage from braking and from low-demand driving, resulting in higher overall efficiency. The E-Power system does the same thing.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”