arnis
Delivery Date: 23 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 015896

Re: Jaguar I-PACE BESUV available 2018

Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:31 pm

If Jaguar wanted to they could partner with Tesla. CCS socket can support SuperCharger plug (non-US) with
a small internal modification costing 100-300€.
Tesla will happily accept vehicles at SC that can charge at 100kW rate. Charging fee directly to customer
plus SC management fee to Jag (or partnership with expansion). Optional extra buyers can pay.
This would also drastically add to Jags desirability. But there is not enough production capacity anyway.
Hoping one day CCS network will be mature and works inter-continentally without complications is already
a long shot. Expecting 100kW instead 50kW is half a lightyear away.
Short range EVs <30kWh -- Medium range: 30-60kWh -- Long range: >60kWh
Charging: Trickle <3kW -- Normal 3-22kW -- Fast 50-100kW -- Supercharging >100kW

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Re: Jaguar I-PACE BESUV available 2018

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:38 am

Production model I-Pace debut confirmed:

2018 Jaguar I-Pace: production car set for Frankfurt debut

The Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV concept made its European debut at Geneva but the production car will star at Frankfurt in September 2017

A production version of the Jaguar I-Pace will be revealed this year and make its global debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September.

The I-Pace concept was a thinly veiled glimpse as to what we can expect from Jag’s first EV and design chief Ian Callum has previously said that the concept is around 80 per cent production ready in terms of styling.

Based on a completely new electrical architecture, the I-Pace also presented Jag’s design team with a blank canvas thanks to the absence of an engine and gearbox.

Like the bodywork, the basic power and performance figures should also remain largely unchanged and Jaguar has hinted that it’ll cost around 10-15 per cent more than an equivalent version of its F-Pace SUV, so expect a starting price around the £55,000 mark. Jaguar is taking details from interested customers right now, ahead of the production model arriving...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jaguar/i-p ... furt-debut

arnis wrote:If Jaguar wanted to they could partner with Tesla...

Why would any other BEV manufacturer want to "partner with Tesla"?

Compliance car production partnerships with TSLA didn't work out so well for Toyota or Mercedes...
no condition is permanent

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”