Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:34 am

no condition is permanent

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Re: Jaguar I-PACE BESUV available 2018

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:04 am

One vital spec revealed...maybe.

Norway's proposed Tesla tax on overweight BEVs would also hit the I-PACE to a lesser extent.

The statement that "...the Jaguar (I-PACE) weighs just over 2 tons.." might be confirmed if you can find the actual terms of the proposed law.

Norway Considers Taxing Electric Cars Based On Vehicle Weight

Norway charges a tax on new cars that can double the list price. Heavier, more powerful cars pay more. The tax on smaller, less powerful cars is more modest. But electric cars are exempt from the tax entirely, which is one of the primary reason electric cars in Norway are so popular...

But all those subsidies cost the government a lot of money in lost revenue every year. Now conservatives are proposing to impose a one time fee (another name for a tax) to register an electric car in Norway. The fee would be based on the weight of a car, the theory being that heavy cars cause more wear and tear on the nation’s roads. Only cars that weigh more than 2 tons would be affected.

The fee could add as much as $12,000 to the price of a Tesla Model X while the Model S would pay a fee of about $5,000. Cars that are close to the 2 ton threshold would be charged about $900.

The proposal has caused an angry backlash among electric car advocates. Christina Bu, head of Norway’s Electric Vehicle Association calls the one time charge on new electric cars over two tons a “tax bomb,” according to Norway’s VG News.

“The government knows very well that many car manufacturers take this step to develop the electric cars with more space and increased range due largely to interest from customers in Norway. The new one time fee will make it more difficult to get families to buy electric cars. And it will be more difficult to reach the…..goal of selling only zero emissions cars by 2025,” she says.

John Helmersen, head of operations for Jaguar in Norway says about 1000 Norwegians have paid a $1,300 deposit to get on the waiting list for the new Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV. He claims the new fee would cost buyers about an extra $3,500...

https://gas2.org/2017/10/13/norway-tesl ... ed-weight/
no condition is permanent

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”