Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:34 am

no condition is permanent

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Re: Jaguar I-PACE BESUV available 2018

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:04 am

One vital spec revealed...maybe.

Norway's proposed Tesla tax on overweight BEVs would also hit the I-PACE to a lesser extent.

The statement that "...the Jaguar (I-PACE) weighs just over 2 tons.." might be confirmed if you can find the actual terms of the proposed law.

Norway Considers Taxing Electric Cars Based On Vehicle Weight

Norway charges a tax on new cars that can double the list price. Heavier, more powerful cars pay more. The tax on smaller, less powerful cars is more modest. But electric cars are exempt from the tax entirely, which is one of the primary reason electric cars in Norway are so popular...

But all those subsidies cost the government a lot of money in lost revenue every year. Now conservatives are proposing to impose a one time fee (another name for a tax) to register an electric car in Norway. The fee would be based on the weight of a car, the theory being that heavy cars cause more wear and tear on the nation’s roads. Only cars that weigh more than 2 tons would be affected.

The fee could add as much as $12,000 to the price of a Tesla Model X while the Model S would pay a fee of about $5,000. Cars that are close to the 2 ton threshold would be charged about $900.

The proposal has caused an angry backlash among electric car advocates. Christina Bu, head of Norway’s Electric Vehicle Association calls the one time charge on new electric cars over two tons a “tax bomb,” according to Norway’s VG News.

“The government knows very well that many car manufacturers take this step to develop the electric cars with more space and increased range due largely to interest from customers in Norway. The new one time fee will make it more difficult to get families to buy electric cars. And it will be more difficult to reach the…..goal of selling only zero emissions cars by 2025,” she says.

John Helmersen, head of operations for Jaguar in Norway says about 1000 Norwegians have paid a $1,300 deposit to get on the waiting list for the new Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV. He claims the new fee would cost buyers about an extra $3,500...

https://gas2.org/2017/10/13/norway-tesl ... ed-weight/

edatoakrun

Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:59 am

I doubt this will happen, but it is now certain that Tesla's direct competitor to the I-Pace, the hypothetical model Y, will only be available years later, if it ever is built.

No production hell at Jaguar’s I-Pace. “All peaceful,” insider says

Concerned that Elon Musk’s production hell might be contagious, and that it could be spreading to other EV manufacturers, I checked-in with a knowledgeable contact close to Jaguar’s I-Pace program. Jaguar’s I-Pace is an upcoming premium-EV that is already sold out months before its arrival sometime in 2018, and according to its father, Wolfgang Ziebart, the I-Pace is a “Tesla-beater.” Might the I-Pace also be delayed somewhere at the bottom of a stepped exponential S-curve, I asked.

“In Graz, the I-Paces are peacefully rolling off the line, together with the E-Pace,” my very well-informed contact answered.

Graz in Austria is where contract manufacturer Magna Steyr is. The I and E Paces were outsourced to Magna, because Jaguar Land Rover’s UK plants are bursting at the seams. The E-Pace is another impending Jaguar, a slightly smaller SUV than JLR’s F-Pace.

The I and E-Paces should go on sale next year, so what are they doing peacefully trundling off a manufacturing line in Austria? JLR does what every automaker does, every one except for Tesla: JLR runs a pre-production series for many months, and it does so until what is coming out at the end of the line is absolutely perfect...

The way things stand, the Jaguar I-Pace may be at dealers before Tesla’s Model 3 finally is being produced in appreciable quantities.

“You can spend the time in preparation, or you can waste it doing costly re-work,” the insider said.

https://dailykanban.com/2017/11/no-prod ... ider-says/

edatoakrun

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:34 pm

First reveal of the I-PACE's actual performance and range?

Zero to 60 mph in ~four seconds, with over 500 kilometer (310 mile) single-charge range:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkD2EwOI674

sparky
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011

Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:44 am

I think the I-Pace looks pretty good so far. I believe the 310 mi is an NEDC range so really the EPA range will be much lower, like 220 mi.

I was on a Jag focus group awhile ago with just Jag and Tesla owners and the I-Pace proto was featured along with some other Jag concepts on paper. My impression was the price they were aiming for was around $70k - $90k. With a 90kWh battery the thing must be pretty heavy to get only 220 mi. Still I would expect good performance from Jag. I'll be curious to see what they announce and how many they'll build the first year.

edatoakrun

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:20 am

Rumour of I-PACEs battery source confirmed?

In 2018, more than 300 kilometers of electric cars are running ... Most Korean batteries are adopted

... Jaguar Land Rover 'I-PACE', launched in Korea in the second half of next year, will be equipped with LG Chem's 90 kWh high-capacity battery..

http://www.etnews.com/20171120000253

edatoakrun

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Apparently on-schedule, with a few more details reported.

Interesting that the I-PACE is ~six months from the first deliveries, and may have more miles-on-the-road than the Tesla 3, which was claimed to have started production almost six months ago...

Jaguar I-Pace development on course for March 2018 launch

All-electric SUV will be with customers in the summer; we ride shotgun to see how it feels

The Jaguar I-Pace will go on sale in the UK in March next year – the same month that it receives its world debut at the Geneva motor show – and it will be with customers from the summer.

The model is Jaguar’s first electric car and built on a bespoke aluminium-intensive architecture. It will be the second Jaguar model to be built overseas, production due to take place by contract manufacturing firm Magna in Graz, Austria, where the E-Pace is also being built.

The I-Pace is now in the final stages of testing at the ‘tooling try-out’ stage, where the prototypes, like the one pictured here, are made using production tooling for the first time and are 99% representative of the finished car’s hardware...

The I-Pace’s lead powertrain engineer, Simon Patel, said the final tweaks to the calibration of the electric drivetrain are being made to ready it for production, but the major development was now complete.

The car will have some off-road ability, but its primary role will be to offer a dynamic drive that the firm prides all its models on having. The chassis is being set up to offer a firm, sporty ride, but a supple one. Steel springs will be standard, with air suspension and adaptive dampers optional. The suspension and steering systems are borrowed from the F-Pace but have been adapted for the I-Pace.

Two levels of regenerative braking will be offered: a standard mode to replicate how a conventionally powered car would react to the driver coming off the throttle; and a more aggressive mode that allows the car to be effectively driven with one pedal.

The production car will have permanent four-wheel drive and use torque vectoring by braking to enhance the handling. The centre of gravity is 100mm lower than an F-Pace’s and that is being tipped to aid the dynamic drive.

In the development process, some 200 prototypes have been driven for more than 1.5 million miles. The project has been worked on by more than 500 engineers over four years...

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/moto ... 018-launch

And not surprisingly...

Land Rover is set to create its own version of Jaguar's all-electric I-Pace SUV.

The British off-road brand has introduced its first series of plug-in hybrid models with P400e variants of the updated 2018 Model Year Range Rover Sport and Range Rover due to arrive in Australian showrooms by the middle of next year. But they won't be the only Land Rover models to get electric assistance.

Speaking to Australian media at the 2017 Los Angeles motor show last week, Land Rover's Chief Creative Officer and head of design, Gerry McGovern, said it was inevitable his brand would adapt the skateboard-style platform from the Jaguar I-Pace to develop a fully-electric Land Rover within the near future...

https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/ful ... 16549.html

edatoakrun

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:44 pm

That estimate would indicate a (disappointingly high) USA base price of ~$65,000.

Jaguar I-Pace likely to beat Audi, Porsche rivals to showrooms

LONDON -- Jaguar looks set to beat Audi and Porsche to become the first premium automaker to sell a credible all-electric Tesla rival after announcing it will unveil a production version of its first EV, the I-Pace, in March.

Jaguar said the crossover will go on sale in 2018 without being more specific.

Audi has said it will reveal its e-tron electric SUV next year, however analyst LMC Automotive has said start of production has been delayed to early 2019, citing a report from Audi parent, Volkswagen Group. Sales of the Porsche Mission E electric sedan will start at the end of 2018, following Jaguar, LMC believes...

The production I-Pace is likely to be revealed at the Geneva auto show in March, although Jaguar didn’t confirm that. It has said the production model won't differ much from the concept.

LMC forecasts that I-Pace sales will be 4,500 in Europe next year, rising to 8,700 in 2019. Jaguar said in September it has 25,000 confirmed orders from the car.

The I-Pace is expected to cost from 60,000 pounds ($80,000) in its UK home market, undercutting the Tesla Model X electric SUV, which starts at 70,880 pounds.

http://europe.autonews.com/article/2017 ... -showrooms

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”