SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Re: Jaguar I-PACE BESUV available 2018

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:14 pm

JLR built a halo EV.

That's nice.
They might even sustain sales of a few hundred a month from London'ers with a fat corporate allowance and desire to avoid out of pocket congestion charges.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
3/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

GRA

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:33 pm

SageBrush wrote:JLR built a halo EV.

That's nice.
They might even sustain sales of a couple hundred a month from London'ers with a fat corporate allowance and desire to avoid congestion charges.

Alternatively, they might seriously bite into Model S/X sales worldwide, as it's both an excellent vehicle and generally less expensive, not to mention the new kid on the block, while the S is now 6 years old and the X is 3. The market for cars priced like these is very much image dependent, so having the latest thing matters more than it would in a more pedestrian people mover. No one will be ooh and aah because you've got the latest Civic, Corolla, Camry or Accord. The relatively slow QC rate could be a moderate handicap, but then people who can afford this car can also afford to have others in their stable, as is the case with the Model S/X.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

GRA

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:18 pm

Via IEVS:
Auto Express Crowns Jaguar I-Pace Car Of The Year / Best Premium EV
https://insideevs.com/auto-express-jaguar-i-pace-its-car-of-the-year/
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

sparky
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:19 am

I gather this fellow is an Auto Writer and had an I-Pace for a couple of days. Interesting bits though. TLDR; he likes it.
Flipping through, the Wh/mi is pretty atrocious and what's with the 154 miles range at 100% SOC?
https://twitter.com/Jim_Holder
Weekend in the #Jaguar I-Pace. The game-changer tag is justified in so many ways, chiefly in the way passers by desire it rather than being merely intrigued by it (think Tesla). But...

....And finally (phew), yes, it is the most impressive car I’ve driven this year. And, yes, it changes the game in many ways. But, I fear, not the very most important ones. The niche for electric car ownership is widening, but it remains a niche.

IMO, if I-Pace is in fact a "game-changer" then it should cut into Jag's own sales of "Pace" cars and perhaps some of Tesla's. Competition is good. I def want a test drive. Still pingng my local Jag dlr.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”